How can I make the YouTube video pop-out?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Matt Smith
    Participant

I need to be able to place an image link on a slide which when pushed will pop-out a YouTube player and play a pre-defined video. I thought there would be some similar functionality in Slider to do something similar, as when I embed a YouTube video, the image can be quite small depending on the type of slide. I was hoping that the YouTube object could be scripted to play at a certain size (or pop-out) on being clicked, but currently it just plays at the size of the placeholder I’ve used on a slide.

If Slider cant do this, can anyone recommend me something that could?

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hello Matt,

I can see you also have license of Content Editor. It means you can try to launch Visual Builder on some test page, add Modal element and embed YouTube video iframe into Modal content box. You can style it using visual builder and then close the editor and copy shortcode of the element. it would look like:

[mp_modal modal_style="dark" modal_shadow_color="#0b0b0b" modal_content_color="#ffffff" button_full_width="false" button_align="center" button_icon="fa fa-play-circle-o" button_icon_position="left" mp_style_classes="mp-theme-button-brand motopress-btn-size-middle motopress-btn-rounded motopress-btn-icon-indent-middle"]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/A1QKC1GBNLU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/mp_modal]

After that go to edit any slide of your slider and add new text layer> switch to Text mode and paste your code there. On the back-end it will look weird but on website preview the code will be rendered in proper element that will play video in popup.

Additionally I can recommend you Video Addon for Content Editor It allows to add Video Lightox element. So you’ll be to add it to the page, configure it, copy its shortcode to Slider text element and it will open video in lighbox after clicking on it.

I’ve tested this and it worked properly.

Best regards,
    John

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.