Fee set as percentage

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Nick Shemenski
    Participant

Is it possible to set a fee as a percentage of the price rather than a whole dollar amount?

Thank you

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Nick,

There is no option to add percentage fee. You may add it as Tax only.

best regards,
    J. Davis

S.B
    Participant

Hello,

I was about to ask for same thing. It would be usefull to be able to set fee as percentage as well.

Best regards,
    Sasha

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback however it would be also helpful if you describe the case when it is needed while there are Taxes available? Thanks

best regards,
    J. Davis

S.B
    Participant

Hi,

For example establishment has two sets of room but one set has a balcony. They charge one with the balcony 15% more then the regular one so there is a balcony fee that is 15%

Best regards,
    Sasha

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi,

It is possible add this as Balcony Tax 15% via Bookings> Taxes & Fees > Accommodation Taxes and apply for certain accommodation types only.

best regards

S.B
    Participant

Thank you,

That would work. I thought taxes are you know for taxes and this is more like a fee so I didn’t want to go that route πŸ™‚

Cheers, Sasa

UPR
    Participant

I agree with you S.B., taxes are taxes, not fees!
    For example, I would like to charge a service fee (e.g. to cover payment gateway costs). To add this as a tax would be not only be confusing to the guest, but wrong from an account perspective.

Can we please have the option to add fees by percentage (ideally with the option to apply to rates only or include services as well).

Thanks,
    Sascha

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. We will keep this in mind and update this topic if we have any news.
    Anyone who need this feature too feel free to add your votes below to increase its priority.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Nick Shemenski
    Participant

Any update on this? The work around of setting up a “fee” as a “tax” will not work. They are two totally different things and would be confusing to customers as others have explained above.

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello Nick,

This request does have high demand, but our developers make a decision on what features to add after each plugin update based on the quantity of requests for different features. We will notify you when this gets implemented.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

Ryan Labelle
    Participant

Thank you everyone. I would love to Chime in here.

I think a fee based on percentage would be ideal and necessary unless I’m missing a way to do this already.

A mandatory service might be needed such as a “Service Fee” that is based on a percentage of the stay. I think Airbnb does this. Then some management companies or rental owners might need to charge tax on this as well. For example.

$200 is the price of the stay.
    Service Fee needs to be 10% of the stay total.
    A 5% Tax need to be applied to the Service fee as well.

Any way to do this?

Image 2020-06-24 at 6.05.06 PM

Andre Flores

Hi, Ryan!

Thank you for your detailed explanation and up-vote, it has been counted. So far, there is no option to add a fee, based on percentage. However, we are collecting up-votes from other users to find out how popular this request is. If there are more similar requests from other users, we will consider adding this feature in one of plugin future updates.

Regards,
    Andre

Ryan Labelle
    Participant

Thank you πŸ™‚

Andre Flores

You are welcome πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.