Fee set as percentage

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Kolnowski
    Participant

+1 – we need this here as well. Thank you.

Thomas Kolnowski
    Digitized House Media, LLC

Andre Flores

Hello, Thomas!

Thank you, your up-vote has also been counted.

Regards,
    Andre

Bohiques Business And Personal Solutions
    Participant

Hi I want to vote, the Service Fee can’t be charged as a tax we do need the percentage in the Fees(not as tax). It’s very important we have this options for our customers. The Fee should not appear in the tax section, taxes are from governments Fees from us. Not legal…

Bohiques Business And Personal Solutions
    Participant

How many votes do Motopress need for this topic to ve consider important for us as customers? This subscription is not cheap and must know before considering renew.

Andre Flores

Hello there,

Thank you for your up-vote, it has been counted!
    So far this feature request is not quite popular and there are requests which are of more demand among our users. We are doing our best to implement features that are most wanted by our users first, unfortunately, this feature request is not in the list of most popular requests at the moment.

Regards,
    Andre

Thomas Hallwright
    Participant

Hi
    I would also like the ability to add a service that adds a percentage of the booking, rather than a flat rate.
    Thanks

Andre Flores

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for your up-vote, it has been counted as well.

Regards,
    Andre

Lori Moore
    Participant

I’m kind of surprised that this feature has not been added yet. I came to this thread looking for the same option. A percentage-based fee is definitely not a tax. Are you able to at least provide a workaround for us if you’re not going to make this update? Thanks!

UPR
    Participant

@Lori, agree 100% (no pun indented :-))! It’s been over two years since this problem was raised…

We have a work-around for this, but it is not perfect. I basically use the ‘tax’ option to add a percentage based fee and have ‘renamed’ where ever there is a reference to that ‘tax’ appropriately with a plug-in (Loco Translate).
    We’ve also edited the CSS to have certain ‘tax fields’ not showing in the booking calculations to make it easier to understand for the guest.
    This method is flawed though because the percentage fee is only based on the nightly rate and doesn’t take into account any additional services or fees. E.g. if you wanted to charge a processing fee to cover your CC-merchant costs, it will only apply to the nightly room rate, nothing else.

+5 for this feature, very much needed!

Lori Moore
    Participant

Thank you for the tip!

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi,

Your upvotes has been added. We will notify you when we have any news on this.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Andre Flores

Hello everybody,

We are delighted to let you know that we have released the Hotel Booking update v. 4.4.2 with an ability to add a percentage fee. Feel free to update the plugin to get this feature.

Regards,
    Andre

Nick Shemenski
    Participant

That is great news. It only took 3 1/2 years to add this feature. Unfortunately I no longer use this plugin, so I can not test it. I hope it works as requested.

Andre Flores

Hello Nick,

Thank you for your feedback.
    We push features to development depending on priority – the more requests for the feature, the faster it is developed and implemented to the plugin. This is why sometimes it may take much time to have the feature implemented.

Regards,
    Andre

Pavel Lukáš
    Participant

Andre – and wouldn’t it be better to make a general overview of priorities? So that users can see what is requested and possibly add their voice? That’s how confusing it is.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.