Feature Request: SMS notifications

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Pamela McCue
    Participant

I’d like to make a few feature requests that would make our experience much better.

First, we’re using the Woo Payments addon solely because we wanted to get instant order notifications as we do from AirBnB. WooCommerce has several plugins that allow text messaging but now we have the problem that when we receive an order notification, it doesn’t tell us what property was booked, it just says something like “order received for ‘Reservation’ X1”

This could be resolved by either:
    1. allowing each property to be associated with its own product in WooCommerce so we can name those products accordingly, or
    2. providing a new addon plugin that provides instant booking notifications. This can be done through an app similar to Order Alert (but made for Hotel Bookings Plugin instead of WooCommerce) or by integrating with an SMS provider like Twilio such as WooSMS plugin does with Bulk Gate.

The ability to receive instant booking notifications via text message is a major request for my client and an extension that makes this possible would be very well received.

Thank you for your consideration.

Jarem

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hello Jarem,

Thank you for your feedback. We have added your suggestion to our list of features.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Kalvis Kalsers
    Participant

Hi, is there some progress with booking reservation notification by sms?

Andre Flores

Hello Kalvis,

We have just released the WooCommerce Payments add-on update with an ability to insert the product label, which may also include such information as: Booking ID, Reserved Accommodations, Check-in Date and Check-out dates. If you are using this add-on, you will be able to use an additional plugin for WooCommerce, e.g. WooSMS as Pamela suggested in her initial reply.
    This will allow you to get SMS notifications once the booking is confirmed.

Regards,
    Andre

Mathieu Dorval
    Participant

Hello Andre,
    You can fill in the product label with information from a booking.
    Example: Reservation, ID: %booking_id%, %reserved_accommodation_names%, %check_in_date% – %check_out_date%

I did include the previous line, but I can’t find on the WooCommerce API and order pages where the information is used or usable.

Mathieu Dorval
    Participant

Andre
    Can you give us more information on the use of inserting the product label?

Andre Flores

Hello Mathieu,

The product name is used on the WooCommerce Checkout page, as well as the order received WooCommerce email, check below screenshots:

https://prnt.sc/11ig29y
    https://prnt.sc/11ig350

Regards,
    Andre

Mathieu Dorval
    Participant

Thanks Andre,
    We do have the product label information on the email sent by WooCommerce, but the information is not showing up on the WooCommerce checkout page and on the API Rest orders. Do you have any idea about this problem?

ReservationEmail.png
    Reservation.png

Andre Flores

Hello Mathieu,

You will find screenshots in my previous reply, the product name is displayed on WooCommerce Checkout page. As for the API Rest orders, I will need to check it with our developers. Kindly submit a request to our Help Desk providing your website URL and temporary access to WordPress dashboard.

Regards,
    Andre

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.