Feature Request – Link notification emails to specific accommodation

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking Hotel Booking Notifier Feature Request – Link notification emails to specific accommodation

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Ashleigh Bamford
    Participant

Hi there,

We need to send a map and information about the specific accommodation booked to guests before their stay. The custom notices is not enough for our requirements as all the information is completely different. Would it be possible to add the ability to select the accommodation type that the notification email applies to? So under Bookings > notifications different emails can be set up for different accommodations?

Cheers,
    Ash

Andre Flores

Hello Ash,

Thank you for your suggestion, we do have such a feature request, however, it has not been popular to the date. I have added your up-vote to it, let’s see if there are more users requiring this feature.

Regards,
    Andre

UPR
    Participant

+1 for this one from us. Urgently needed!

Many thanks,
    Sash

Arsenije Vujovic
    Participant

+1 for this one from me.

Many thanks,
    Arsenije

Ashleigh Bamford
    Participant

Hi Andre,
    Can you please tell me if we are any closer to getting this feature? If not, do you have any recommendations for an external developer who would be able to do this for me?
    Cheers,
    Ash

Andre Flores

Hello Ashleigh,

Unfortunately, this feature has not yet been selected for development, so I am afraid it will not be implemented in the near future.
    There have been not many requests from our users to the date, though.

Regards,
    Andre

Oleg Sumbaev
    Participant

Guys this feature is needed for all villa owners – with COVID times we all do contactless check-in, so we provide access codes to get the key which is unique for each villa.

So we need to tell client villa number and access code.
    This feature would be vital for us to minimise contacts and to stay healthy!

Andre Flores

Hello Oleg,

In your case the Notifer add-on should be enough, as it allows to send out unique notifications (villa number and access code) for each accommodation type – I assume your villas are created as accommodation types, so there should be no issues with it in this case: https://prnt.sc/21kl32c.

Regards,
    Andre

Oleg Sumbaev
    Participant

Andre,

I completely disagree. Villa types are “Two bedroom first line”, “Three bedroom” and e.t.c. That’s TYPES, and I have several identical villas of each type. I absolutely do not want to enter each villa as a separate type this will destroy the logic.

It is in the logic of the plugin that I show clients types of villas and they can chose several of the same type. And created accommodations follow this logic.

However it is NEEDED to have an access to each particular accommodation details. At least name. If we can access not only the name but also except that would be very appreciated.

I do not see any problem in just adding two lines of code to get %accommodatoion_name% or %accommodatoion_excert% it will take just 2-3 hours for one coder.

Regards,
    Oleg

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Oleg,

Thank you for your feedback. Accommodations (units of accommodation types) are used to define the availability of the specific accommodation type. They are used on the back-end only and guests are unable to select specific accommodation while making a reservation. Since they can not select the accommodation they also can not know its name. This request is rather about the ability to create notifications for specific accommodation types and not its units.

Let me know if I get your idea incorrectly or if you have any further questions or suggestions.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Ashleigh Bamford
    Participant

Hi Andre,

Happy New Year!

I understand this feature has not been very popular but I am worried I am going to need to find a whole new booking system and start my website again if i can’t get a solution to this.

At the moment the two Notification Notices allow text only. As a potential work around, I am wondering if it is possible to enable links in the Notification Notices? This way I can link guests to a seperate page on the website with their specific map and accommodation information, while the email stays generic.

Please let me know if this is something we can do or if you have any other ideas how i can work around this?

Thank you!
    Ash

UPR
    Participant

Hi Ash,
    You can use HTML in a notification! We’ve been doing this from day one – we have individual guides and other information for each accommodation and simply include the link to all of them in the notification so the guest can click and download a PDF. Downside is, the guest still needs to choose the one for his accommodation since we can only send one for all types at the moment. But works for now.

Cheers,
    Sash

Ashleigh Bamford
    Participant

Thanks Sash, so your guests have access to the information about other accommodations you have? Im not sure I want to do this as I don’t want others having the details of access codes etc. I was hoping that links / html could be added in the two individual accommodation ‘notification notices’ so guests would only receive the link relevant to the accommodation they have booked.

UPR
    Participant

Ashleigh, understood, in your case this is not a good idea for sensitive info. Doesn’t matter for us since it’s just standard info. To my understanding, notifications currently can’t be assigned to individual accommodations. We’d love to have this feature as well!

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Ashleigh,

Thanks for your question. I’ve just made a test and it looks like the HTML tag of the link is rendered correctly:

<a href="#">Link Text</a>

You just need to put the URL instead of #. Let me know if it works on your side.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.