Feature request: add more triggers for Notifications to be sent

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking Hotel Booking Notifier Feature request: add more triggers for Notifications to be sent

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Pavel Lukáš
    Participant

I’m sorry, but I wrote it clearly, I’ll probably write it in my native language and you’ll have to have it translated. Why am I asking for this?
    1. A notification about an unpaid reservation will also be sent to those who have already paid.
    2. Reservation information will also be sent to those who have not paid.
    3. Notifications overwhelm the customer when they make a reservation a week before boarding. Notifications will be sent to him 60 days in advance, 45 days in advance and 8 days in advance.

Maurice Couwenberg
    Participant

hi, various of us already asked for more triggers. Especially your 3rd commment I like to stress out as very annoying for the customers. If you have a process for sending e.g. 3 of 4 notifications in time for early reservations, a reservation on short time will receive all previous ones at the moment of confirmation of his reservation. This feels like overload and should be prevented.
    Regarding point 2, you can choose another confirmation process to prevent your example.
    Regarding point 1, I solve by showing in the notification the balance due value, in case is 0, it means paid and explain this in the text.

I hope point 3 will be solved soon and adding a notication trigger like reservation date, would be very useful

BR Maurice, Portugal

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi, Thanks for the clarification. Your upvotes have been added.

Susan B
    Participant

This is hilarious! Another plugin extension purchased and another head banging against the wall moment. I had been using ShopMagic for Woocommerce to generate event driven emails and thought I would purchase this plugin — thinking it would utilize similar logic since, well, that’s just logical. My gosh, you can’t even set a date range trigger (i.e. if so, you could at least trigger an email to be sent when a new reservation is created (I changed the 365 day limit to 3650 days thinking the trigger before check-in would be 3650 OR LESS)). With this logic, I would literally have to create a notification for every day range before check-in from 1 day through 3650 days! The business logic that is being designed into these plugins is clearly coming from people that do not use these plugins in business, rather, it’s a bunch of devs that imagine running a hotel or vacation rental property. I made a commitment to this platform and every time I run into an obstacle like this I just sigh. I’m stuck now! Oh well, it’s like a bad marriage at this point. Let’s just all pray these guys can get it together sooner rather than later! Cheers!

Susan B
    Participant

Update to my previous reply. The triggers are date range sensitive. Thus, if you set a trigger for “365” days “before” “check-in”, the notification will be sent 365 days (or less) before check-in. This actually works for our particular needs, though it is not optimal. In response to Maurice Couwenberg’s comment, it does make sense that you would want specific date range triggers. This would allow you to have, for instance, 4 separate notification emails sent for check-ins that are several months out (i.e. individual notifications sent 90 days before check-in, 60 days, 30 days, and 7 days.) But for check-ins that, for instance, are 30 days out, you could combine the 90/60/30 day notifications into one notification and leave the 7 day notification as is. This would give you some really nice flexibility.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Susan,

Thanks for your reply. It is strange the trigger of 365 days before the check-in date did not work for you for the first time. Actually, it works correctly and should send the notification on the date once the booking is made.
    It is also possible to add notifications with various trigger dates that send the notifications in 30, 60, and 90 days before the check-in date.
    I’ve added your request to skip or merge the notifications for reservations placed after the trigger.

best regards,
    John Davis

Pavel Lukáš
    Participant

I hate to bother you, but still nothing happens. It is necessary to program the conditions for sending notifications. I have a payment notice and that is now being sent to everyone, including those who have paid. Otherwise, the entire plugin is unusable.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Pavel,

Thanks for your reply. Initially, the plugin was not intended to be used to send reminders for unpaid reservations. The main goal was to send some instructions, maps with the places to visit before the check-in, and a form to get feedback or reviews after the check-out.
    Nevertheless, I’ve already noted that your request was also added to our list of features. We collect the upvotes from other users but there are not so many yet. Thank you for understanding.

best regards,
    John Davis

Marcus
    Participant

A payment reminder plugin sounds like a great idea.

Please also consider potential interest in such a flow for new customers and not only count the votes of us post-sale people who feel your deposit-based reservation flow needs to include this important feature.

Deposit booking is a key selling point that drove us to choose your product for our client, and the shortcomings we found after the fact resulted in too much labor for the property manager, where scripting should be the solution.

Yes, we can figure it out, but it would be expensive to implement and maintain for one site. I’d pay extra for this layer from your team without hesitation.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for your feedback. I’ve added it to our list of features and we will update this topic when we have any news.

best regards,
    John Davis

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.