Feature request: add more triggers for Notifications to be sent

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking Hotel Booking Notifier Feature request: add more triggers for Notifications to be sent

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Robert VanOrden
    Participant

So we collect deposits, then use the payment request add-on to collect the balance 1 day before client arrival. I purchased notifier to send the client the (cabin) front door key code as well as some other info.

Surprised to find only one way to trigger the email…. are there plans to add more triggers?

I REALLY need the notifier to trigger on full payment received! If not a function of the notifier, is there another work around I could try?

Andre Flores

Hello Robert,

Yes, by default you may send out notifications either some number of days before the check-in/check-out date or after check-in/check-out date.
    So far there are no plans to add more triggers as our developers are currently busy with other priority tasks. You may either have the notification to be sent the same day the balance due must be paid (one day before check-in) or have the request for the remaining balance due to be sent 2 days before check-in and have the notification with the front door key code sent 1 day before check-in – this will make sure the Guest gets the key code after the remaining amount is paid.

Regards,
    Andre

Marcus
    Participant

Another vote here for additional triggers. A date field would be ideal for our client, where deposit-based reservations are allowed during December for the year following, with the intent to collect the balance during the first week of January. Beginning January first, bookings require full payment.

It looks like they’ll have to manually request payment for potentially thousands of bookings placed in December, one at a time. Are you able to outline a means for triggering those payment reminder notifications in bulk on a given date?

Andre Flores

Hello Marcus,

Unfortunately, there is no option to allow deposits during one month and then allow only full payments during the next month. You may simply disable the deposit payments at 00:00 of January, 1st, so all the bookings during January require full payment. There is also no option to change the remaining balance due on specific date. I will take your request into account though, thank you for suggestion.

Regards,
    Andre

Maurice Couwenberg
    Participant

hi,

starting to use this function. I like the idea of more triggers. If you could add a trigger moment to the reservation date, next to check in / out, would be great

Maurice

Andre Flores

Hello Maurice,

Thank you for your up-vote, it has been counted. We continue collecting feedback from other users, anyone else, who also needs this feature, feel free to let us know by commenting this topic.

Regards,
    Andre

Maurice Couwenberg
    Participant

hi,

this feature request based upon reservation date will also support a lot of requests you have for payment reminders, payment plans, etc.So not only for notification users. it is cross selling you add ons!

Maurice

Jolan Joos
    Participant

I would also like this option.
    It is interesting to have people paying their reservation within X amount of days after the reservation as a confirmation.

Valeriia Bavykina

Hi Jolan!

We can definitely see how this feature could be beneficial, thank you for your feedback.

Pavel Lukáš
    Participant

I watched the video tutorial of the plugin and found out that it can only select by the number of days before the date. But that is very little. You also need to add conditions to whom to send the notification. Conditions for selecting notifications according to PENDING, PAYMENT and CONFIRMED. Otherwise, the module is unnecessary and could have been part of the Hotel booking plugin.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Pavel,

Thanks for your idea. I’ve added your request to our list of features. We will notify you if we have any news about it.

best regards,
    John Davis

Pavel Lukáš
    Participant

One more addition that would also be useful if you don’t add those conditions. Therefore, at least allow manual sending of the given NOTIFICATION to “Custom Email Addresses”. Now you can send test notifications only to the admin email.

Another OFF TOPIC note.
    Reading these forums, I find that customer requests that are 3 years old are still not being incorporated into the plugins. You should process topics faster.

Alex M
    Participant

I watched the video tutorial of the plugin and found out that it can only select by the number of days before the date.

You can create and schedule conditional emails in any number of days before and after the check-in/check-out date.

Reference https://motopress.com/document/hotel-booking-notifier/

Pavel Lukáš
    Participant

Alex M – and what did I write please? The plugin can only send notifications based on the number of days before a given deadline. I write that it is not enough. That’s why I request more conditions for sending. My English is not good.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Pavel,

Thanks for your reply. Alex meant that there are the following triggers available (not just before the check-in date):

– before check-in date
    – before check-out date
    – after check-in date
    – after check-out date

Could you please specify the situations when you need the notifications should be sent for Pending Bookings/Payments? Or could you specify other conditions with examples of when the automated notifications should be sent?

best regards,
    John Davis

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.