Enable/Disable Accommodation and Booking Menu Items

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking Enable/Disable Accommodation and Booking Menu Items

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Wilkins
    Participant

I want my client (the hotel owner and manager) to have full access to the Accommodation and Booking menu items but not full WP admin access. If I set their user role as Editor a number of submenu items disappear, eg calendar synch, taxes and fees. How can I enable these for a user with Editor role ? I have tried a user role editor plugin to customise the dashboard but have had no luck.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for your question. You may try to use Adminimize plugin which allows to hide certain parts of dashboard for certain user role. You may also use some plugin that allows to duplicate Administrator user role and then restrict its access with Adminimize plugin.

We’ll keep your request in mind and will do our best to offer some variation of user roles to manage hotel Booking. Thanks.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Daniel Steinmann
    Participant

Hi, while I have opened a ticket about the same problem I’d like to add this request in this thread as well.

The problem with installing another plugin only to control this is, that it creates another issue. F.e. I built our site with Elementor and the Elementor Editor can not be disabled / restricted with those kind of plugins.

I am sorry, but I fail to see the logic behind why f.e. an Editor can see “All Bookings” and “Payment History” yet can not see / access the calendar or add bookings manually.

To me it feels that this makes the plugin more suitable to someone who is managing their site on their own but not with a team. It certainly makes the plugin difficult to use for web designers who built a site for their clients but need to restrict access to structural parts of the site for their clients.

Andre Flores

Hello, Daniel!

Thank you for your detailed feedback, it is much appreciated. I am following your concerns and I have added your up-vote to the feature request. So far it has not been on demand too much, however, if there are more similar requests from other users, we will consider implementing this feature to one of the plugin future updates.

Regards,
    Andre

Daniel Steinmann
    Participant

Hello Andre,

thanks for your reply and the upvote. I am sorry to insist but I still fail to see the reason behind such setting. It is not so much about the ability to set different permissions for user roles but I don’t see why a user that is set to editor is able to see Payment history yet is not able to see the availability calendar. He is able to confirm a booking yet he is not able to add a new booking. With that every receptionist had to have full admin access which is certainly not ideal. I’d be happy to modify the PHP files myself if I could get an indication of where to do this best. Thank you!

Andre Flores

Hello, Daniel!

I am totally following your concerns. I will make sure to pass them to our developers for further consideration and we will see if they are able to perform necessary changes to the plugin in one of the future updates.

Regards,
    Andre

Martin Kováč
    Participant

Hello, I would like to just say that Iam having same problems. I just cant see the logic behind it. And spent all the time thinking that i somehow created this issue on my own. Finally realising that its not my mistake. I hope this is getting fixed asap because this makes whole plugin so dangerous to use.

Maria Sarantinou
    Participant

hi guys,

I’m using this plug in:

Controlled Admin Access

hope it helps

Martin Kováč
    Participant

Like, it is a solution. But it is just so bad. More unneccessary plugins on website slowing it down. When i think solution to this is one line of code.. Just why. Also if am not mistaken between this post and our reactions there was even an update. But noone cared enough about this i guess. And i bet with your solution there are ways for people to get for example to the elementor or just site building, and you sure dont want that.

Maria Sarantinou
    Participant

hi,
    Agree with you!

don’t know about that
    “And i bet with your solution there are ways for people to get for example to the elementor or just site building, and you sure dont want that.”

but for now i couldn’t find another solution.

This plug in, even if great, is full of usability problems, specially on the booking widget.

for example if you use the option to skip the search result and you keep the guest option, even if you select 3 guest once you go to the confirmation page the guests are not selected..what’s the point on have this option then?!?!?

Another main issue is if you build the website a booking platform for multiple owners, now way you can assign the properties to different owners. If you take as example the booklium multi properties theme, where they show properties all araund the world, Who is so rich to have so many villas all over the world? So..why such a template>!?!?!
    Again few line of code could sort the problem…

Or another example of bad ux, in the booking form you have “check availability” and Confirm booking at the same time, you never shoudl have 2 CTA at the same time. ( I sorted out this problem modyfying the template.function.php)

the Motopress team guys are great but definitely the should have an UX designer in their team 🙂

Andre Flores

Hello Martin!

Thank you for your suggestions, it is much appreciated. I will make sure to pass them all to our developers. As for the plugin updates, several other features have been added to the Hotel Booking plugin along with some minor fixes since this topic was created. Please note that we select features for development by their popularity, so I am sure our developers will get back to your request as well.

Regards,
    Andre

Andre Flores

Hello Maria!

Thank you for sharing a solution you are using. I would also like to thank you for all the other concerns you have mentioned, we will definitely take them into consideration.

Regards,
    Andre

Martin Kováč
    Participant

I would like ask. Are you willing to share your solution on the CTA’s?

“Or another example of bad ux, in the booking form you have “check availability” and Confirm booking at the same time, you never shoudl have 2 CTA at the same time. ( I sorted out this problem modyfying the template.function.php)”

This is one of things i would love to have solved as well.

You are totally right. Am mostly struggling with same things.

Maria Sarantinou
    Participant

sure.

in the template.function.phph

<input type=”hidden” name=”mphb_room_type_id” value=”<?php echo esc_attr( $typeId ); ?>” />
    <p class=”mphb-check-in-date-wrapper” type=”button” onclick=”myFunction()”>

<script>
    function myFunction() {
    document.getElementsByClassName(“mphb-reserve-btn button”)[0].style.display=”block”;
    }
    </script>

<input class=”mphb-reserve-btn button” disabled=”disabled” type=”button” onclick=”this.style.display=’none’;” value=”<?php _e( ‘Check Availability’, ‘motopress-hotel-booking’ ); ?>” />
    <span class=”mphb-preloader mphb-hide”></span>

Maria Sarantinou
    Participant

Hi andre,

thank you.
    I really need to have different access to the booking panel from different accommodations owner.
    The booklium multi properties theme is kind of promoted for that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.