Confirmation Emails Are Being Sent for Failed Payments

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Cindy Haubl
    Participant

We are having a recent problem with cancellation emails being sent before the payment is finalized by Authorize.net.

You can see on this transaction that a Cancellation Email was sent at 7:06pm, yet one minute later at 7:07pm, an Approved Booking email was also sent:

Booking Log

This is causing confusion for some of our customers.

Here is a screenshot of the WooCommerce Order Notes. Note the initial payment failure that one minute later is Successfully completed:

Woo Order Notes

What is going on? Is there a way to *delay* all emails until a failure or success of a payment is completely finalized? Seems that emails are being delivered too quickly and not based on final settlement of the payment. There should be a 5 minute delay at least to allow for payment processor confirmation/settlement.

How do we fix this?

We are using Hotel Booking Version 3.9.7 and Hotel Booking WooCommerce Payments Version 1.0.7 on WP 5.7.2.

Cindy Haubl
    Participant

Hello? Is anyone there who can reply to this question please?

Andre Flores

Hello Cindy,

The issue is the Hotel Booking plugin Payment status depends on the WooCommerce Order status, and the Booking status depends on the Payment status in its turn. First of all you should resolve the issue with Authorize.NET setting WooCommerce order to Failed status and then to Complete one – this what causes the plugin Payment status to fail, as well as the Booking due to the failed payment status.
    Statuses are passed immediately and there is no way to add a delay to the process. Try testing booking with other WooCommerce payment gateways to find out whether the issue persists.

Regards,
    Andre

Cindy Haubl
    Participant

Hello,
    I wanted to follow up on this issue again to see if there are any additional updates. We only have one gateway, so we are unable to test another and customers are receiving “cancelled” emails. Is there anything else we can try? I know that in one instance, the customer entered an incorrect zip code, but I’m not sure what the others are doing.
    Cindy

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Cindy,

Thanks for your comment. Could you please clarify the issue that occurs on your side? Is it exactly the same as it is described in the first comment on this topic? Could you specify the version of the Hotel Booking plugin, version of HB WooCommerce Payments, etc?

best regards,
    J. Davis

Susan B
    Participant

Yes, I’m having the same issue as Cindy. I’m using the Luviana Theme with the Woocommerce Payments Plugin. The issue is as follows:

Guest creates a booking and proceeds to Woocommerce payment. If customer card is declined for any reason (i.e. an incorrect zip code), Woocommerce changes the payment status to “failed” which then triggers the Hotel Booking Plugin to cancel the booking and send the booking cancellation email to the customer. Please note, that in this case, if the guest corrects their zip code and proceeds with payment, the Woocommerce order status changes to “complete” which then triggers the Hotel Booking Plugin to confirm the booking and send the booking confirmation email to the customer. The Hotel Booking Plugin should not immediately cancel the booking upon a “failed” payment order status from Woocommerce. There should be a delay similar to the setting that is within the Hotel Booking Plugin called “Pending Payment Time” under Accommodation | Settings | Payment Gateways | General Settings. Cheers!

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Susan,

I’ve just sent a reply here https://motopress.com/forums/topic/orders-are-immediately-cancelled-upon-payment-processing-error/#post-1419178. You see the Booking Payment and Booking itself listens to the status of the WooCommerce Order. It looks like your payment gateway says to set the failed status to the Order when the buyer inputs the wrong credit card details and allows the customer to re-try to make the payment. Thus it rather depends on the payment gateway that you use for WooCommerce.

best regards,
    John Davis

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.