Clarification Number of Guests, Adults & Children for Accommodation

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking Clarification Number of Guests, Adults & Children for Accommodation

• This topic has 13 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 11 months ago by J. Davis.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    UPR
    Participant

Hi guys,
    I would like to clarify how the numbers for adults and children work in accommodation types.
    If I have a property which can host a maximum of 4 guests, but of course needs a minimum of 1 adult, how would i configure this in accommodation type?
    Do I choose Adults – 4? Would this allow for the configuration of
    1 Adult + 3 Children
    2 Adults + 2 Adults
    2 Adults + Children… etc.

Cheers,
    Sascha

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi,

You may refer to this topic to learn more about capacity.

best regards,
    J. Davis

UPR
    Participant

Hi John,
    Thank you, but it seems there is still no fix for a fundamental flaw of the plugin and others have similar problems.
    We should be able to set the max. number of guests for an accommodation, regardless of adults or children (children can sleep in beds for adults and sometimes vice versa).
    Yes, I know I can switch to use ‘guests’ only, however we’d loose the functionality for customers to specify the correct number of adults and children.
    Please make this available in future updates for this plugin:
    Specify max. number of adults
    Specify max. number of children
    Extra field: specify max. number of total guests

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. We will keep this in mind. If you simply need to get notified about amount of children in the reservation it is possible to modify some field you do not use on the checkout page like specify the number of children under 18, etc. and make it required.

best regards,
    J. Davis

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi,

We have just released Total Capacity feature in Hotel Booking v. 3.7.2

• Added the ability to set any number of adults or children at checkout so that in total it meets the limit of manually set accommodation capacity.

If you own a license of Hotel Booking you may get this version now. Hotel Booking plugin integrated in themes will be updated later with next theme release.

Thank you everyone for participation.

best regards,
    J. Davis

UPR
    Participant

Hi John, great work! Thanks for the implementation.
    However, we’d also need to see this reflect in the search results where the total number of adults and children must match the total capacity of the listing.
    I know it is on your features request list, I would like to add a +1 from me here.

Cheers,
    Sascha

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello Sascha,

Could you please specify what exactly you mean: the “Recommended” section on the Search Results page or all the search results listing?
    In case you mean all the search results listing, could you please clarify more detailed what issues you have providing an example, if possible?

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

UPR
    Participant

Hi Mary,
    Both for me. We treat each accommodation we have like a single dwelling (e.g. holiday house) with a fixed number of maximum guests.
    IMO it is confusing to show our accommodation (which is capped at 4 people max) in a search for 5 or more people. When they proceed with the booking, they then can’t enter more then 4 guests anyway.
    I would imply that people don’t get that they would need to book two – in our case recreational vehicles – this may be partially the problem as for a hotel you could simply get two rooms.
    Does this make sense?

Cheers,
    Sascha

Andre Flores

Hi, Sashca!

You may try hiding both Adults and Children and add Guests attribute to the Search form, so your visitors could actually look for accommodations matching exact number of guests (both adults and children). You may want to check the following article for more detailed explanation: https://support.motopress.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039318152-Why-Search-Results-page-displays-all-accommodation-types-no-matter-what-capacity-is-selected-.

Best regards,
    Andre

UPR
    Participant

Hi Andre, at this stage I am doing exactly that. However, for the actual booking we prefer the guests to state the number of adults and children.
    Since we use the ‘guests number’ mode, in the booking form they currently can’t do that. I also would have to define a rate for each possible adult-child combination – it’s a pain…

Kind regards,
    Sascha

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello Sascha,

Please, note that you may specify Max Adults and Children number available to enter in the booking form to make a search, under your dashboard > Accommodation > Settings > Max Adults / Max Children.
    In this way, your guests will be able to search for more then 4 people and book several accommodations, if needed.

As for rates, all the price variations should be added manually since the plugin cannot foresee the desired prices depending on different number of people / booked nights.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

Gundula Uray
    Participant

upvote – the current process is not maintanable as you have to enter hundrets of adult children variations to ake it work correctly. Disabling children is not possible as aduls get charged different city taxes than children. PLEASE CONSIDER enhancing this function. Currently it is very painful to enter hundrets of rates for just one single appartement/hut/chalet.

Teresa Knox
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Teresa,

Thanks for your feedback and accept our deepest apologies. We have already fixed the issue in the next update release 4.7.2. Make sure you have updated the plugin and do not hesitate to contact us if you have any additional questions.

best regards,
    John Davis

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.