Airbnb iCal ICS sync issue

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by   J. Davis 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Logan Wise
    Participant

We have Airbnb set to “Booking window 12 months into the future.” So, January 22, 2020 and beyond are unavailable on Airbnb.

The problem is Airbnb lists 1/22/2020 – 1/23/2020 in the ICS feed as “not available.” So, Hotel Booking syncs/creates a 1 day reservation every day. Tomorrow, Airbnb will list 1/23/2020 – 1/24/2020 as unavailable so Hotel Booking will create another reservation.

I manually downloaded the ICS feed and here’s the excerpt:
    BEGIN:VEVENT
    DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20200123
    DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20200122
    UID:[email protected]
    SUMMARY:Not available
    END:VEVENT
    END:VCALENDAR

What can we do about this problem?

I’d prefer not to set Airbnb’s booking window to “All future dates,” but I will if that’s the only solution.

Logan Wise
    Participant

Here is the current entry:
    BEGIN:VEVENT
    DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20200124
    DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20200123
    UID:[email protected]
    SUMMARY:Not available
    END:VEVENT
    END:VCALENDAR

This creates a reservation on our MPHB calendar which syncs back to Airbnb (and marks the dates as unavailable). So, 1/22/2020 and 1/23/2020 would both be unavailable and eventually, every day thereafter.

I don’t understand why Airbnb puts that “Booking window” date in the feed.

Logan Wise
    Participant

In case it helps others, I changed the “Booking window” to
    “All future dates” and the problem has been resolved.

Feature suggestion for MotoPress Hotel Booking: I found that a competitor has this feature:

Some calendars like Airbnb will include events that are not reservations. Turning off the Include Non-Reservation Events toggle will not import events that are deemed to be non-reservation events. If availability preferences on Airbnb have a Booking Window that is set to 6 months into the future, then a non-reservation event will be included in the iCal feed to block 6 months in the future forward. In this case, ignore the non-reservation Booking Window event by turning off the Include Non-Reservation Events setting. Note: It will be necessary to manually remove any non-reservation events that were previously synced to your calendar.

Thank you!

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hello Logan,

Thank you for your question and solution described. Yes, it is recommended to disable restriction of further possibility to book on airbnb is those dates are added as booking in iCal file.

best regards,
    J.Davis

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.