User Roles definitions to limit employee access

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking User Roles definitions to limit employee access

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Elian Tyson
    Participant

I am setting up this for a client and they need the ability to have staff be able to create and edit bookings. However they don’t need access to all of the site. I’ve tried using https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/user-role-editor/ but regardless of all of the different combinations that I’ve tried, it will not let any user other than administrator create, change, delete bookings. Please advise.

S Squared
    Participant

Also interested understand how this is implemented having faced the same problems described above. Thanks

Andre Flores

Hello there!

We do have such a feature request and I have added your up-votes to it. Meanwhile try also using Adminimize plugin, which should help to limit access to specific sections of the admin panel.

Regards,
    Andre

Elian Tyson
    Participant

Thanks Andre. My issue is that only an administrator can create bookings. Is there a way to set the Editor role to be able to create or modify a booking?

Brandy Tschurtschenthaler
    Participant

Apologies…I CANNOT find a way to post a topic on the forum, please can you tell me how? Thank you!!

Andre Flores

Hello Elian,

Unfortunately, there is no such option at the moment. You may try different combinations using the following three plugins: Adminimize, User Role Editor and Controlled Admin Access, this should help.

Regards,
    Andre

Andre Flores

Hello Brandy,

Navigate here and scroll down to the bottom of the page to submit a new topic.

Regards,
    Andre

Brandy Tschurtschenthaler
    Participant

Thank you!

Andre Flores

Hello everyone,

We are delighted to let you know that we have just released the Hotel Booking plugin update v. 4.0.0 with the User Roles feature included. Two new user roles have been added to manage Hotel Booking in the dashboard: Hotel Manager and Hotel Worker. Please note that in case you have assigned the Editor role to some users previously, you will need to change their role to Hotel Manager one, as they will loose access to the Hotel Booking after update.
    Also note that you will need to update Hotel Booking add-ons to the latest versions in order for them to be adjusted to the User Roles feature.
    You may also use some free user roles editor plugins in order to configure each role per your desire or even create a new role with specific capabilities, e.g. free Members plugin.

Regards,
    Andre

Bohiques Business And Personal Solutions
    Participant

Hi, really need to add capabilities, I have a ticket submitted and Andres We are working on it. Please solve this and other things we and our customer really require and needs, thanks.

Andre Flores

Hello there,

The issue has been resolved in the ticket already.

Regards,
    Andre

Ravindra Shinde
    Participant

very disappointed

for new update for user role access

if we have to install extra plugin like members then why should update in MPHB plugin.

every time we have to install extra plugin for every functions like we have to install invoice plugin, booking notifier plugin, hotel booking, elementor integration plugin if we install lot of plugin motopress get huge money and get lot of work and stress to update all plugin if any plugin gets stuck we have to check all things and there is higher chance in plugin conflict with other plugins like seo plugin, security plugin, and etc.

that’s why WordPress have removed all motopress plugin from WordPress depository

i am also switched lot of my websites to VikBooking due to this process and other still in motopress plugin using

we have to reduce plugin for less conflict and secure website

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Ravindra,

There is no need to install any extra plugins to get default user roles. You might need an additional plugin if you wish to modify the user role to grant a custom access to a certain section only.
    As for addons so we can not add all that functionality to the main plugin since it will be massive enough. Moreover, one may not need the functionality of all the booking addons so the user has a choice of what addon he/she needs on this or that website.
    As for WordPress org so we are restoring our plugins on this repository and most of them are available again.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.