“Uploads directory is not writable” when generating reports

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking “Uploads directory is not writable” when generating reports

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Andrea Whitmer
    Participant

I’m not sure how long this issue has existed – we just noticed it today. When attempting to generate any CSV report, I see “Uploads directory is not writable.” on the screen. We have checked file permissions repeatedly, checked what directory uploads are going to, tried deactivating all other plugins…

I see the error text in the plugin’s .pot file but can’t find any reference to it elsewhere in the plugin. Is it perhaps referring to a different uploads directory?

Andre Flores

Hello Andrea,

It might happen that the actual uploads folder path on your server is different to the one the exported file is tried to be imported to. I would recommend that you check the following thread, which may help you to rectify the issue: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/26024097/wordpress-error-upload-folder-is-not-writable-export-and-file-upload-features/55650003.

Regards,
    Andre

Andrea Whitmer
    Participant

Unfortunately that’s not the case; there is no different uploads path defined in wp-config.php or anywhere else. This was working normally prior to applying the latest update to the core Hotel Booking plugin.

Can you please find out from the development team where that specific error message is located/called in the plugin files so I can dig into it more? If I know more about how the reports are generated, perhaps I can identify what changed since the prior version.

Andrea Whitmer
    Participant

To add a bit more detail, there is a jQuery error in the Reports admin screen coming from /vendors/jquery-flot/jquery.flot.min.js that seems to be contributing to this issue.

Andre Flores

Hello Andrea,

I would kindly ask that you submit a request to our Help Desk providing your website URL and temporary access to WordPress dashboard, so we take a closer look at the issue you are facing.

Regards,
    Andre

Andrea Whitmer
    Participant

Oops, just noticed you wanted this via the help desk. I’ll send the info there.

Andre Flores

Thank you!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.