tourist tax in Germany

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Markus Klimek
    Participant

Hello,

in germany we have a tourist tax. How can i add this to the calculation:

1 adult in the peak season from 1.3. to 31.10. = € 2,60
    1 adult in the off season from 1.11. to 29.02. = € 1,30

nice regards
    Markus

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello Markus,

In Bookings > Taxes & Fees, you may add a fee for the needed accommodations and specify there the needed price per adult/child.
    However, for now, there is no possibility to vary fees/taxes depending on seasons.
    We’ve added your request to the feature request list and will contact you as soon as this gets implemented.
    If anybody else needs this feature, feel free to leave your upvotes here.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

Khaled
    Participant

Hello,

I have the same problem. A client has various Appartements in different places/districts with three seasons for every district.

Every district has deffirent taxes for every season per person per day.

Please let me know if this could be implemented or if there is any Solution for this.

Best regards

Andre Flores

Hello there,

So far there are no updates regarding this matter, however, I have added your up-vote to the feature request. Although the feature does not appear to be popular among Hotel Booking users, however, if there are more requests regarding this matter, we will consider adding this option to one of plugin future updates.

Regards,
    Andre

Khaled
    Participant

Thank you very much for your reply,

Ok i have another question, how many upvotes a request needs so you decide to implement it?

I will keep an eye on this Thread for the next 4 weeks, otherwise i must look for further sollutions for this client.

Apart of that i want to praise your work and your service and the nice extensive offers you have for a booking website Solution.

Best Regards

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you for your kind feedback.
    As for your question, the developers make a decision on what features to add after each plugin update based on the number of requests for different features. We will notify you when this request gets implemented.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

Chad Elwartowski
    Participant

I would like to add my upvote for a seasonal tax feature.

I am trying to implement long term leases into our hotel and I almost have it working by utilizing the buffer days feature.

Someone can reserve a room for the first day of their lease, it gives them a monthly rate that they can then go ahead and pay for the first month.
    I set up seasons of “6 month lease” and “1 year lease” and added buffer days based on the season.

However, the hotel tax is applicable to nightly rentals is being applied to the lease.

I could easily discount the tax in the long term rental price but it would then be confusing to the renter as to what their rental price is going forward. Is it the price they clicked on or the price they are paying?

So close.

If there is a better way to integrate yearly leases please let me know.

Andre Flores

Hello Chad,

Thank you for your up-vote, it has been counted. So far there is no option to configure yearly rates, so your workaround looks to be nice.

Regards,
    Andre

Thomas
    Participant

Dear all, I would like to vote for this feature as well. In France the city tax (or tourist tax) can vary from one year to another, depending on the vote from the city council (it usually increases of course).
    In our case, the city council just voted for an increase from 01/01/2022 and since we already get bookings for 2022 we would like to display this tax to our clients based on their date of stay when they make their booking.
    Regards,
    Thomas

Andre Flores

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for your up-vote, it has been counted. Will make sure to pass the information to our developers.

Regards,
    Andre

Rudolf Cohilj-Benigar
    Participant

Hello Andre,

the Tourist Tax in Croatia differs also within the year.
    From April to September it’s 10 HRK and outside this dates it’s 7 HRK.

Therefore I want (need) to upvote that feature as well!

What’s the best workaround? Adjust the seasonal rates to match the dates of the Tourist Tax and include the amount?

Best regards,
    Rudolf

Inga Schramm
    Participant

Hello,
    here comes another up-vote for the seasonal tourist tax. My clients also have different rates throughout the year.
    Regards,
    Inga

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for your upvotes. I’ve added both to our list of features.
    The only possible workaround is to give up using taxes and include them into Rates with seasonal prices.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Felizia Katzer
    Participant

Hello,
    I also vote for this point, I think a lot of users would need a solution here.

The tourist tax has to be payed only by adults and per night. The tourist tax has own seasons. And the tourist tax must be listed at the booking checkout at a own separat point, so that the guest see the price for the accommodation and the additional mandatory tourism charge.

Tourism fee periods per adult and night:

01.01. – 31.03. EUR 2,00
    01.04. – 31.10. EUR 3,00
    01.11. – 31.12. EUR 2,00

Please keep me updeted too.
    Thank you Felizia

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Felizia,

Thanks for your feedback. Your upvote has been added. We will notify you if we have any news on this.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.