Theme Update and Booking Plugin Updates.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    GEORGIOS CHATZIDIMITRIOU
    Participant

It’s been over a year since Luviana got an update. And so the accompanied plugins.

The hotel booking plugin is still at 3.7.1 (2019 version) when there is 3.9.x version available (2021).

Is the theme development abandoned? Why are we not getting any kind of updates?

Andre Flores

Hello Georgios,

Thank you for your question.
    The theme development has not been abandoned, we are planning to update our themes in future. The thing is currently our developers are all busy with other priority tasks, that is why you have not seen theme updates for a while. Nevertheless, our themes are all compatible with the latest WordPress and PHP version.

Regards,
    Andre

GEORGIOS CHATZIDIMITRIOU
    Participant

Problem is that compatibility with latest versions of wordpress isn’t really there.Wordpress lazy load breaks the gallery-slider at the room archive, showing only the images of the first listing, while the others is lotto chance to show up.

Fix is to disable the listing gallery slider, but that’s not the point.

GEORGIOS CHATZIDIMITRIOU
    Participant

For the record, the fix is disabling the Native Lazy Load function that was added in 5.5 if I’m not mistaken.
    Can either done by plugin or by adding the following code in functions.php

add_filter( 'wp_lazy_loading_enabled', '__return_false' );

Andre Flores

Hello Georgios,

Yes, the Lazy Loading issue indeed exists and it has been already fixed in the latest Hotel Booking plugin version. Once the theme is updated, the issue will be resolved. Meanwhile you may disable lazy loading as you have indicated in your last reply, this can be also done via Disable Lazy Load plugin.

Regards,
    Andre

Marco Elsinger
    Participant

Hi,

I have updated to version 3.9.6 and even 3.9.7 of HotelBooking plugin and now some of the images do not load randomly on the accommodations type listings block.

I deactivated “Display gallery images of accommodation page in lightbox” and disabled lazy load over functions php

What can I do to get these images to display correctly? I figured that when the getwid is disabled it will display correct but I lose the design. Is there a way to downgrade the plugin before the issue appeared?

Thanks

Andre Flores

Hello Marco,

Downgrading the plugin is not an option, as the issue has occurred since WordPress 5.x. If you are using any caching plugins, you should check them and make sure to disable Lazy Loading in their settings, as it causes conflicts with inbuilt WordPress lazy load feature.
    If the issue persists, submit a request to our Help Desk providing your website URL and temporary access to WordPress dashboard, so we take a closer look at the issue.

Regards,
    Andre

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.