Synced Bookings not showing in export.

• This topic has 18 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by J. Davis.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Labelle
    Participant

hello team!

I’m trying to export the bookings with the “report” option to create a clean XLS File, but it seems only bookings created by wordpress are exported, not the bookings that have been imported via ICal from OTAs like AirBnB, and so on.

It’s weird because i can view these imported booking in the admin dashboard, but they are ignored when exporting.

Do you know how I can do it?

Cheers

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello Ryan,

You can Generate CSV in Bookings > Reports, for bookings of the Hotel Booking plugin only.
    Imported bookings can not be exported in CSV format as there is not delivered all the information about guest and the price of a booking is not valid – it shows just base price. You may export such booking in iCal format via Bookings > Sync Calendar saving the file by following iCal URL.
    The initial purpose of imported bookings is to avoid an overbooking across your platforms. Such bookings do not include any information except the dates that should be disabled. Thus they do not offer any information wile exporting them as CSV.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

Ryan Labelle
    Participant

Thanks for the follow up 🙂

Mary Evans
    Participant

You are always welcome, Ryan! 🙂

Thomas Kolnowski
    Participant

+1

Hello, Mary and MotoPress team. We’d love to see the MotoPress export include imported bookings as well. In the case of one of our hotelier clients, he has 19 accommodation types and would like to be able to calculate his overall occupancy rate – and about 2/3 of his bookings come from external OTAs. The only practical way to do this is to export all MotoPress and imported bookings into one CSV or Excel file.

While iCal does not include all information on the external booking, they do provide specifics on the accommodation used and check-in and check-out dates – all that is needed to calculate occupancy rates.

The other issue related to this, however, would be the requirement to amend the MotoPress iCal import process to NOT remove outdated bookings, as shown in the synch log excerpt below:

SUCCESS The outdated booking #17503 has been removed.

Thank you for your consideration!

Thomas Kolnowski
    Digitized House Media, LLC

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for your ideas. We will add them to our feature requests list, for our developers to consider their implementation in the future, in case there are more upvotes for this possibility to generate CSV for imported bookings, even if there are no details except check-in/out dates.
    In case anybody else needs this feature, feel free to leave your upvotes here.
    We will notify you as soon as there is any news on its implementation.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

Helen Harvey
    Participant

I would like to upvote this feature request. I have a client who would like all bookings to be available in the website export list.

Thanks,

Helen

Andre Flores

Hello Helen,

Thank you for your up-vote, it has been counted.

Regards,
    Andre

Maurice Couwenberg
    Participant

I like to upvote for adding imported bookings to the csv output

Maurice

Maurice Couwenberg
    Participant

By the way, I can add customer data etc. in the backend for an imported booking. It is saved in the reservation, only not shown in the “all bookings view”. It would be great if you can add an OTA name field in the reservation form which we can manually fill (if automating is too difficult) (+ shown in the csv export.

In this way I can use 1 tool to have insight in all may bookings

thanks

Maurice

Andre Flores

Hello Maurice,

Thank you for your suggestion, it is much appreciated. I will make sure to pass this information for further consideration to our developers.

Regards,
    Andre

Mario Morshäuser
    Participant

So does this mean the name, price and all other information is not imported to my booking plugin ? Do I have to check back with booking.com to see the details of a booking or can I import this Data as well ?

In case this is not possible, how do I recognize in the booking calendar that a booking is an external booking from an ota ? I just see that there is something booked and the booking number.

Andre Flores

Hello Mario,

The Hotel Booking plugin allows syncing availability only, which means no other data is imported, e.g. rates, customers’ data etc.
    Starting from Hotel Booking v. 3.9.6 the imported bookings are marked with another color in the booking calendar. Besides, when you hover such bookings you see a note that the booking was imported from external calendar.

Regards,
    Andre

costaricavacation.properties
    Participant

Is this feature request on a backlog somewhere? I would like to add an up-vote for this as well.

We manage 125+ vacation rentals, all with individual owners. Similar to Thomas Kolnowski’s client above, we just want to see occupancy (both historical and future) It is impossible to easily create any kind of historical or future reporting for the owners relative to # of nights booked because none of the imported bookings show in the reporting and the imported bookings are deleted from the calendar at check-out. This causes an insane amount of manual reporting and data scrubbing on our side.

As noted above, consider that some users are not looking for the details of each booking – just that the booking exists or existed.

Thanks!
    Jennifer Watts
    Rich Coast Vacations

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for your upvote. It has been added to the request. We will notify you when we have any news about this feature.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.