Sync issue with Airbnb

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Igor Broussillou
    Participant

Hello,

I have somme issue with the sync from the website (with Hotel booking) to Airbnb.

I can’t export and past the sync url into Airbnb.
    So if I book an room from the website, it doesn’t show the booked date in the calendar (Google calendar) neither en airbnb.

On the other way, Airbnb does sync and show the booked dates to the calendar and on the website.

Did I set it up wrong ?

Cheers

Andre Flores

Hello Igor,

I would recommend that you submit a request to our Help Desk providing your website URL and temporary access to WordPress dashboard, so we take a closer look at the issue.

Regards,
    Andre

Jeffrey Donchez
    Participant

I’m having the same issue.. when I paste the URL into airbnb and hit sync, it says: “We’re having trouble syncing this calendar. Try importing it again.”

Igor Broussillou
    Participant

To fix this particular error “We’re having trouble syncing this calendar. Try importing it again.”, I used the ical url provided by Google calendar (you have to create a public one to be able to use it where else).

My issue is not about this error.

Jeffrey Donchez
    Participant

so are you saying that the url that the hotel booking plugin gives you for a calendar just won’t work? that I have to create a google calendar and then sync “through” that?

Igor Broussillou
    Participant

It is what I understood when I bought the plugin.

Google calendar is just a middle man.

When you import the url from your website to Google cal, you can retrieve an “embed” url from the calendar. That’s the one that you import to other platforms.

If you have some more issue, you should create your own ticket because here it’s not that issue and it might mislead other people. 🙂

Jeffrey Donchez
    Participant

found my problem.. when I switched from https to http in the url that I pasted into airbnb, it worked.

but I didn’t use a google cal url, I just used the one built into the plugin

Andre Flores

Hello Jeffrey,

You should not sync your Hotel Booking calendar with Google Calendar in order to be able to sync with AirBnB. You are allowed to sync calendars directly with any OTA, which supports iCal format, including AirBnB.
    If your URL is not accepted by AirBnB, make sure your website is not in the Maintenance mode, as AirBnB will not accept your export link while the website is under construction.
    Also, some OTAs do not accept export links with no events in them, so you should check whether there is at least one booking in the exported file.
    If the issue persists, kindly submit a request to our Help Desk providing temporary access to your WordPress dashboard, so we take a closer look at it.

Regards,
    Andre

Jeffrey Donchez
    Participant

if you notice, I said that I didn’t use google calendars.. it was the other gentleman who did, and my url was “wrong” because for some reason their ssl identifier doesn’t recognize my certificate as valid, I had to use http rather than https

Andre Flores

Hello Jeffrey,

Sorry for confusion, I have replied to your previous comment from May, 6th, and have not noticed the latest one from May, 7th.
    Looks like there were issues with your SSL certificate, you should consult with your hosting provider regarding this matter, they might be able to assist.

Regards,
    Andre

Tess Robinson
    Participant

I have an issue where 3 months are blocked out on my site for 2 properties and it says they are booked in AirBnB but they are not. AirBnB says those dates are free.

I can’t work out how to delete these and make them available again so people can book them from our site.

Thanks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.