Sudden Airbnb calendar sync issues

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Sweeney
    Participant

Airbnb has been able to sync with my motopress hotel booking calendar since March. Today, I noticed that it hasn’t been syncing. I deleted it from Airbnb, copied the link in Bookings > Sync Calendars > Export and tried importing it into Airbnb again, and it fails with “We’re having trouble syncing this calendar. Try importing it again.”

Has anyone else recently discovered this?

VRBO works fine.

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello Ryan,

Please, note that Airbnb may not accept the link if there is no booking in the link. In this way, you should add at least 1 booking of the accommodation and import the link again on Airbnb.
    Also, make sure that your site is not in the maintenance mode before exporting our links to Airbnb to sync Airbnb calendar.

By the way, here is a useful tutorial in order to make sure you sync calendars correctly with Airbnb. We also recommend checking the tutorial from Airbnb.

You may also download and open iCal link from Hotel Booking and see what data the plugin shares in its iCal. There required to be UID and check-in/out dates. If the iCal file contains this data, however, Airbnb still does not accept it, we recommend contacting Airbnb in order to find out why they do not import this iCal file.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

Ryan Sweeney
    Participant

Still not working. It worked for a while and just stopped…not sure why. There is a booking in the link.

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello Ryan,

Could you download and open iCal link from Hotel Booking? If there are UID and check-in/out dates in the file but Airbnb still does not accept it, we recommend contacting Airbnb in order to find out why they do not import this iCal file.
    You can also contact us by submitting a ticket and provide Hotel Booking iCal link, for us to see what data is in the link.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

Jo Eckersley
    Participant

Hi I have a similar issue but when I download, it doesn’t have a UID on each booking. (but I’m trying to sync a website on a temporary domain – is that the problem? It’s also HTTP not HTTPS, is that also a problem?)

Ryan Sweeney
    Participant

I reached out to Airbnb and got escalated to Tier 2 support, who never actually reached out to me. Mysteriously, I just tried importing my calendar again and it worked. Would’ve been nice to hear back from Airbnb on whether they fixed the issue and when.

I’ve been working on this for weeks.

Andre Flores

Hi, Jo!

The temporary domain and non-secured URL may be the issue, you should consult about this with AirBnB support team. You may also try registering your own free demo at: https://hbdemo.getmotopress.com and try syncing Demo calendar with AirBnB to find out whether your temporary website URL is the issue.

Regards,
    Andre

Andre Flores

Hi, Ryan!

Thank you for sharing your experience, perhaps there were temporary issues on AirBnB end. Let’s see if AirBnB support team reaches you with the feedback.

Regards,
    Andre

Spencer Klettke
    Participant

Hi there!

I have read this entire thread and have found it quite useful.
    In response to the last comment by Andre, I have successfully synced the demo calendar but am unable to sync my motopress calendar with Airbnb. Does this mean that is not working because it is a temporary website URL? If yes, how do I correct / fix this?

Thanks,
    Spencer

Andre Flores

Hello Spencer,

Open the Hotel Booking calendar export link in your browser – as a result you should get an option to open/save the .ics file. If this happens, than the everything should be fine with the link and in this case you should contact AirBnB support directly and ask what may cause the issue.

Regards,
    Andre

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.