Store Credit Card for No Shows

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Corey Auger
    Participant

Hello,

Like most hotels, we accept reservations and collect the guest’s credit card information. We do not charge the guest until they check out at the end of their stay.

The reason we take their credit card info upon reservation: if they do not arrive (a no show) or cancel withing 48 hours of the checkin date, we charge the guest for the stay using the stored credit card information.

Has anyone figured out how to do this with Motopress Hotel Plugin or WooCommerce? I would be very interested in learning how to accomplish this. In fact, if this feature is not possible, I’m going to have to abandon this plugin completely, which is unfortunate.

Thank you!
    -Corey

Stacy Lind
    Keymaster

Hi Corey,

Collecting or storing credit card info in WordPress is not safe, so it cannot be included into our plugin and we do not recommend doing it. Our plugin accepts payments only through the secure pages of the enabled payment gateways.
    If you are willing to risk you can use a plugin like this, or rename the Notes field to prompt your visitors attach the credit card info to their bookings.

Corey Auger
    Participant

Hi Stacy, thank you for replying. That makes sense about storing credit card information. Thank you for the woocommerce offline plugin recommendation! I am also looking into the woocommerce pre-order plugin as another possible workaround for this.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.