Stopping a room from being rented the next day

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Lauren Schwartz
    Participant

I know that this is not standard, but is there a way to stop a room from being booked on the day that someone is checking out of that room. So for example, someone reserves the room for Tuesday night to checkout Wednesday – I need to have that room blocked for booking on Wednesday by a new customer.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Lauren,

Thank your for your question. You may adjust style to lock check in and check out dates from selection in a date picker e.g.

.datepick-popup .mphb-date-check-out,.datepick-popup .mphb-date-check-in{
      pointer-events:none;
      text-decoration:line-through !important;
    }

best regards,
    J. Davis

Lauren Schwartz
    Participant

Not sure how this helps. I need something automatic when a room search is done … along the lines of

if this room has someone checking out on this date
    then
    do not show this room as available for booking today

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Lauren,

This style makes it impossible to select a date of booking checkout as a check-in date to search. You can try.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Lauren Schwartz
    Participant

This style seems to be misconfigured. Should it be:

.datepick-popup .mphb-date-check-out,.datepick-popup .mphb-date-check-in{
    pointer-events:none;
    text-decoration:line-through !important;
    }

And if so, this does not work. I have 20 rooms. If room 16 has someone checking out on July 1 then no one should be able to check in to room 16 on July 1st – not all of the rooms, just the one room that has a guest leaving on that day.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Lauren,

Thank you for note – I’ve updated the style and now it looks properly.

Could you apply the style and provide a link or screenshot to display the case you described?

Best regards,
    J. Davis

Lauren Schwartz
    Participant

Hi. The case is that I have two reservations already for July 16th with the people checking out July 17th. Their assigned rooms are Single21 and double 14. I need people to be able to check-in on July 17th but NOT be assigned single 21 or double 14. I have applied the style but it doesn’t do anything because my calendar is on one page that searches all rooms – the customer is not on the page of a specific room – so the css doesn’t do anything. I think I need something that is done through the php, not just a style.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Lauren,

I’d ask you to submit a request as I can not know whether Single21 and double 14 are accommodation types or accommodations of single type? We need to check it on your site to understand clearly your request. Thanks you for understanding.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Lauren Schwartz
    Participant

As I stated above, these are the accommodations, not the accommodation type. I have two accommodation types: “Single” and “Double”. I have 21 rooms: 13 Double Rooms and 8 Single Rooms that are named “double01”, “double02”, “double03”, etc. AND “single14”, “single15”, “single16”, etc.

When someone is staying in “double03” starting on July 9 and checking out on July 10 I do not want another customer to be able to book/check-in to “double03” on July 10 as the room will not be ready for them. This room should only be bookable starting the next day after someone checks out – in this case July 11th.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Lauren,

Thank you for clarification. Then I guess the solution I sent should work as it won’t allow to select July 10 as check-in date if someone checks-out this day. And it would restrict booking automatically once you add that code. Let me know if it helps.

best regards,
    J. Davis

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi,

We are excited to announce the release of the new Hotel Booking 3.9.0 version, where we have added the ability to set the Booking Buffer option. Moreover, it is possible to set an Advance Reservation (the minimum number of days allowed before booking and the maximum number of days available for future bookings). We know that you were waiting for this feature, so our developers did their best to represent the improvements for you and your business.
    If you got a plugin inbuilt into the theme, you might wait until the theme is updated to get a new version of the plugin or purchase a Hotel Booking license separately to get immediate updates https://motopress.com/products/hotel-booking/. Right now, you have a unique opportunity to buy all our plugins, themes, and membership plans with 40% OFF. Keep in mind that the proposition is time-limited! Don’t want to miss out? Use this code at the checkout: BF2020. Note that the discount code is valid till December 1.

Thank you for choosing Motopress!

regards,
    J. Davis

Gaetano Passaro
    Participant

hi, I have the latest version recently purchased. But the “booking rules” are not synchronized on the otas? (if I block a date with a rule, is it not synchronized to the otas as well?
    Then tripadvisor does not accept the link of the calendar of my site. how can I do?

Andre Flores

Hello Gaetano,

I would recommend that you submit a request to our Help Desk providing temporary access to WordPress dashboard, so we take a closer look at the issue.

Regards,
    Andre

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.