Solution on datepicker on mobile devices

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Maciej Kaczor
    Participant

Hello everyone,
    I’m looking for solutions to disable mobile device virtual keyboard while using datepicker jquery.keyboard at this stage is useless to say the least and often in the way in mode on some devices.Cheers

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Maciej,

Thank you for your question. We’ll review this suggestion and will notify you if we have any news on this.

best regards,
    John

Maciej Kaczor
    Participant

Thanks!!Looking forward to hear back from You.

cocix
    Participant

Any solution to fix the problem?
    The popup date picker is complicated to use on ios mobile devices when virtual keyboard opens.

Thanks

Andre Flores

Hello there,

We are still collecting feedback from other users regarding this matter, as the feature has not been quite popular to the date.
    I have added your up-vote to the request as well, thank you.

Regards,
    Andre

Ravindra Shinde
    Participant

i also want this feature

Jérôme Wetzels
    Participant

Hello,

I don’t know if it’s exactly the same topic but I think it matches…

Is there a way of hiding the next month on mobile devices and display just one month at once?
    It’s very confusing seeing 2 months next to each other without any separator / space between the 2 months.
    I’m using the luviana theme here: https://mariasguesthouse.be

Thank you.

Andre Flores

Hello Jérôme,

Your request is a bit different, in order to achieve this add the following code under Appearance ->Customize ->Additional CSS:

@media (max-width: 480px) {
    .datepick-month.last {
    	display: none;
    }
    .datepick-month.first {
    	width: 100%;
    }}

Regards,
    Andre

Jérôme Wetzels
    Participant

Perfect, thank you very much Andre!

Jérôme Wetzels
    Participant

By the way, I think you should add this behaviour by default in your themes, it’s way better and more user friendly 🙂

Andre Flores

Hello Jérôme,

You are most welcome, I am glad I could help! It would be very much appreciated if you share your positive experience with the Hotel Booking at: https://motopress.com/products/hotel-booking/#edd-reviews-respond.
    Thank you in advance!

Thank you for your suggestion, I will make sure to pass it to our developers 🙂

Regards,
    Andre

Carlana
    Participant

I would also like the original solution to be available as soon as possible.

This feature is so clunky on mobile. It opens the option to type in the date when searching availability but you can’t see the box where you’re supposed to be typing because the calendar covers it.

Each time you select next on the months on the calendar it re-opens the keyboard on mobile for manual entry. This would be fine if I could see the entry boxes but this is absolutely shocking and I’ve just built a whole website around this plugin. Am I going to now have to re-do this with a whole new plugin because I cannot put this out for people to make bookings with such a confusing bug for user?!

Please get this fixed if you don’t want me coming for a refund because this is a shocking oversight.

Andre Flores

Hello Carlana,

Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated.
    Our developers have already fixed the issue and the fix is expected to be included in the next plugin update, which should be released shortly.

I hope for your patience and understanding.

Regards,
    Andre

Madalena Mira
    Participant

Hi there Andre,

I also have the same issue as the original post.

When is the update expected?

Madalena Mira
    Participant

Hi there Andre,

I also have the same issue as the original post.

When is the update expected? Is there a temporary fix?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.