so slow I could cry

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by J. Davis.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tim

I purchased a template from template monster and it said to install Motopress. With Motopress enabled the site is slow, the admin area is slow, it’s like wading through treacle. When I disable Motopress everything works so much more quickly – both the site and the wordpress admin area.
    With Motopress the home page can take up to 30s to load! Without it maybe a tenth of the time.
    I’ve tried disabling other plugins – but it’s definitely Motopress that is the problem.

Question: I’m on version 1.5.8, is this the latest? Is there an update to solve the speed issue?

Thanks

Tim

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Tim,

Yes, sure you use out of date version. The latest one is 2.0.3 and I would recommend to install it instead. I guess you use Lite version of plugin. Then you need to remove current MotoPress Content editor plugin from your WordPress. Then go to Plugins>Add new and search for ‘Page Builder by MotoPress’. It is lite version and it does not require activation any more.
    If you have a Pro version you should activate the license to get notification about update.

Best regards,
    John

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.