Setting additional prices for bank holidays – thank you.

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Themes Villagio Setting additional prices for bank holidays – thank you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    SpencerK
    Participant

Hello, thank you for your help here.

My client wants to be able to set an extra charge for bank holidays / school holidays on her properties.

For example – Good Friday Easter Weekend 2022 (which is the 15th April)

There will be a flat rate of £499 PLUS an extra £100 for that bank holiday night.

e.g
    Good Friday (bank holiday) 15th April.
    = £499 (main season charge) + £100 (bank holiday charge)

The problem is, I cannot seem to set this up using Seasons and rates

I have setup my Main Season (which has dates set for 7 years, all days), then I have created a Bank Holiday Season, which has the date set for the 15th April.

View post on imgur.com

Then in the Rate section (for that property, accommodation type), in the Season Prices section, I have added the main Season & the Bank holiday season. I’m hoping that the client will be charge the main season £499 AND for the bank holiday season £100.

View post on imgur.com

However, when testing this out – it does not add the extra £100 for the bank holiday.

View post on imgur.com

Unless this is not possible with the software? Surely there must be a way of charging extra for a specific days or weeks of the year, not just for extra nights, services etc..

Thank you very much for your assistance, again 🙂

SK

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for your question and for the screenshots you provided. You need to go to edit your Rate and drag season price with Bank Holiday to the top over the main season. When it is placed above the Manin Season then its price should be applied. You will also need to set the final price for this season – 599 and not 100.
    You can see how the season price can be dragged starting from this time https://youtu.be/EAcDHx0oszY?t=143

Let me know if it is helpful.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.