Sending information from form to stripe question

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking Sending information from form to stripe question

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Fenton Shoemake
    Participant

After someone books an accommodation, my client tries to go into stripe to charge the balance for the booking. Client says there is no customer information and only the last two digits of the credit card number are shown thus, client is unable to charge for the balance.

The question. Do I need the setting to require full customer information on the form or, is this an issue with stripe?

Andre Flores

Hello Fenton,

I can see you have got a ticket #38802 regarding the same matter, you will receive further assistance with the issue there.

Regards,
    Andre

Kirsty Danby
    Participant

Hi Andre,

I have a similar issue.

I would like to charge for the full amount but access the customer information in Stripe later to charge a security deposit manually.

Is this possible at all?

Andre Flores

Hello Kirsty,

There is no functionality for the security deposit at the moment, unfortunately. As an option you may added it as a fee as described in this article.

Regards,
    Andre

James Valentine
    Participant

(I’m posting this on a couple of threads so that no one who might want it will miss it – excuse the double posting, mods).

I am requesting a security deposit payment directly through Stripe using a payment URL. It’s for a fixed amount so this works well.

I don’t want my admins to have to sign into Stripe to process the refund so I have written a basic plugin to work with MotoPress.

https://gitlab.com/jdvalentine/basic-stripe-refunds/

There is a zip in the dist/ directory which can be installed directly into WordPress but feel free to make a new zip based on the contents of this repo, or even copy the files onto your server manually for peace of mind.

It will use the Stripe secret key you have stored in MotoPress, give you a list of payments and allow you to make a partial refund of any of them.

Note that this refund will _not_ be tracked in the MotoPress booking for that customer – it’s intended for refunding other payments external to the booking.

I hope that you can extend it and I will consider pull requests when I have time. I have time to offer some basic support but it is open source.

Andre Flores

Hello James,

Thank you for sharing your solution, it is much appreciated. I am sure it will be of a great help to other users.

Regards,
    Andre

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.