Search results showing all rooms

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Sandy Joblin
    Participant

When I do a search for 3 guests the search results are showing all the rooms even if they only have a 2 guests capacity.

Stacy Lind
    Keymaster

Hi Sandy,

The search results are designed to output all the available accommodation types regardless of the number of people selected. The plugin allows booking multiple accommodation types at a time, so if anyone searches for 5 people, they will be able to book e.g. 1 x Double Room and 1 x Triple Room. Otherwise, if you have no single available accommodation for 5 people, the guests would not be able to book at all.
    The recommendations widget in the search results offers to book a set of accommodations based on the number of people selected.

The next plugin update will bring in the advanced search feature that will let you set up the plugin so that the search results output only accommodations with the requested number of people. We will post in this thread as soon as this feature is released.

Stephan van der Klei
    Participant

Hi Stacy,
    The update you are mentioning would be very useful. The booking season for next year is starting in November (for me) I Like to go live in October with the HotelBooking plugin, can you estimate when the 2.7.7 version is released?

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Stephan,

Thank you for your feedback. The new version of plugin is available on our site. So make sure the licenses is activated on your site to get the latest version.
    Note: if you got the plugin as a part of the theme you will get it later as we need to check compatibility of plugin and theme and adjust it before theme update release.

best regards,
    John

Stacy Lind
    Keymaster

Hi Stephan,

We are happy to inform that the feature that you requested was added in the latest update of the MotoPress Hotel Booking plugin.

Now you can set up advanced search for your properties by the exact number of people, location, size, price range and any other custom parameter. Make sure to update the plugin to its latest version (3.0.0) in order to use the new features. Here is a video tutorial on how you can set this up on your own website.

We would appreciate your feedback on the new features.

Thank you for helping us make the plugin better!

Stephan van der Klei
    Participant

Hi Stacy,
    Sorry for the late follow-up I forgot to subscribe to this thread.
    Thanks for the update just updated to Oceanica 1.7.0 and Hotel booking 3.0.0 and have a look…

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Stephan,

Thanks, Feel free to contact us or rate the theme to share your experience with other customers.

best regards,
    J.Davis

Dzhuliana Nikolova
    Participant

Hi, I’ve got the same issue.. I’ve got rooms with max capacity 2, 3 or 4 people… so if 2 adults with two children want to book a room… the results should list only the rooms with max capacity 4 people… but instead the result page shows all the rooms because as I understood – the plugin creates a combination of the rooms – so the plugin suggests that these people will fit to 2 rooms with max capacity 2 people each. Am I right?

However, I need to release the site this month… how to match the max capacity of the room with the bed types because on Accommodation -> Settings when I go to Bed Types I currently have: a double bed, single bed, etc… So everything is written with letters and I’m not sure how this match with the numbers that I put for capacity in every room…

I also use Ciestra theme so I cannot find how to change the code to the front-page search availability widget. When I open widgets I can change only the front-end of the plugin.. but cannot find the code if I want to add any attributes. Into Elementor builder cannot find anything as well.

Thanks in advance!

Stephan van der Klei
    Participant

Hi Dzhuliana,
    I stoped using this plugin many months ago because the booking season was approaching and there ware too many issues to overcome. I have used a standard WP temple (2017) and a calendar plugin (WP Simple Booking Calendar) everything works fine. Success

Dzhuliana Nikolova
    Participant

Hi Stephan van der Klei

Thank you for your advice!

I think that the booking system (plugin) is not too bad.. It has some bugs but it’s quite flexible and easy-to-use as well. I don’t want to give up the plugin because I’ve already done a lot of work… I hope that support will help me with this issue… I saw a ticket where they said they are working to improve these features and make an option for Search availability to avoid room’s combinations and recommendations.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Dzhuliana,

Thank you for your question. General search shows all possible properties to accommodate the guests as they might need to rent out more than one property with different capacity.

It is also possible to restrict search results to show properties for requested capacity only you may try the following solution:

– go to Dashboard>Accommodation>Settings find option Hide “adults” and “children” fields within search availability forms and enable it

– go to Dashboard>Accommodation>Attributes and create Guests attribute

– add terms for Guests attribute that will correspond the capacity of your accommodation types e.g. 1,2,3,4 etc.

– the go to edit each accommodation type and select a proper Guests term referring to its real capacity

-after you assign proper guest term to each accommodation type you will need to add Guests attribute to search form.

Here is video tutorial to learn how to add custom attributes

best regards,
    J. Davis

Jonás López
    Participant

Hello
    Could someone help me with this problem? I do not know how I could make that when looking for an accommodation for 6 people only the options for 6 people would appear and not the others.
    I can’t find the advanced search options or know how to configure it.
    the web is this https://apartamentosdonaconcha.com

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello Jonas,

Please, make sure you use the latest 3.8.3 version of Pro Hotel Booking plugin.
    Here is also an article that describes a workaround on how to display search results for the searched capacity.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

Klemens Trupke
    Participant

I’m trying to solve this problem too.
    The work around doesn’t really work for me.

The problem is the pandemic Covid-19. I live in Belgium and the maximum capacity depends mostly on adults, while children under 12 years don’t count.

I expect the government to set a limit (in the near future) to a maximum of people that can meet. So making a difference between adults and children is very important.

The work around, only works with the number of people the accommodation can accept and no children.

Lets say the maximum of adults is 10 adults (government decision) and the accommodation can accept 16 people. So the maximum of adults is 10 and after this you can add 6 children maximum.
    This is not possible with the work around, because you can make an attribute for adults and children but then you loose the hard limit of accommodation.

I’ve read several times, even in post that are 3 years old, Motopress would work on this problem is this still the case?

I think this would be a great addition to the Motopress suite and give it a big advantage against your competitors. “something like our suite is Covid-19 compatible. (just my thoughts :p)”

Andre Flores

Hello Klemens,

The workaround may still work in your case, let’s try it with your example:

– set the adults number in accommodation to 10
    – set the children number in accommodation to 16
    – set the total capacity in accommodation to 16

This will make sure the maximum of 16 guests can book a stay, however, not more than 10 adults.

– create two attributes: “adults” and “children”
    – generate their terms (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 for adults and 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16 for children) and assign them all to the accommodation type in question

This will have the accommodation type appear in search results when your guests are looking to book a stay for 1-10 adults or/and 1-16 children.
    Let me know if this makes sense.

Regards,
    Andre

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.