Search results recommending accommodation with unsuitable occupancy

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking Search results recommending accommodation with unsuitable occupancy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Charlotte Jones
    Participant

Hello.

I’m using the booking plugin to show only ‘guests’, but when searching for accommodation, the search results are recommending accomodations with maximum occupancies below the required amount.

For example, if someone makes a search for 6 guests, the system recommends an accommodation which only sleeps 4 (4 adults, 0 children).

Any solutions? It’s quite misleading for someone wishing to make a booking.

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hi,
    In recommendations guests gets the most optimal variant with the best set of accommodations according to a number of guests and prices. You can disable this option in the Accommodation tab > Settings.

Best regards,
    M. Evans

Charlotte Jones
    Participant

Hi Mary,

Disabling this option gets rid of the recommendation, but it still shows all available accommodations for the date range, even if the occupancy is below what the user searched for.

If someone searches for accommodation for 6 guests, I don’t want them to be shown a room that only takes 4 guests.

Andre Flores

Hi, Charlotte!

This happens because if the accommodation for 6 guests is unavailable, your guests may still want to book accommodations for 4 and 2 guests. If you do not want this to happen, you may use this workaround.

Regards,
    Andre

Charlotte Jones
    Participant

Hi Andre,

Yes, I figured that may be the case. However it still recommends unsuitable occupation (eg. recommended for 10 guests: 1 x room with a max occupancy of 6).

If there is only one room available with an occupancy of 6, it will still recommend it to a family of 10, when there is nowhere else available for the other 4 guests to sleep.

I’ll take a look at the workaround, thanks.

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello Charlotte,

As it was mentioned, by default, there are listed all available accommodation types on the search results page to let guests make a multiple booking or if there are no free accommodation types for the given search request.
    For now, it is only possible to limit search results to the requested capacity via the workaround with attributes provided in the article.

We already have the request to limit search results to the requested capacity, on our feature requests list. We’ll add your upvote for this feature and notify you as soon as this gets implemented.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

Sam Orchard
    Participant

Any progress with this new feature? This is an issue that we’ve uncovered during our testing.

The problem is that there’s absolutely no reference to the fact that the results don’t meet the user’s booking requirements. So I know we’ll end up with customers making unsuitable bookings.

Andre Flores

Hello Sam,

Thank you for your feedback, I have added your up-vote to the feature request. The feature has not yet been selected for development, so we do not expect it to be released in the near future. However, we are still collecting feedback from our users regarding this matter to find out how demanding the feature is.

Regards,
    Andre

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.