Search Availability Form Calendar Function and Style

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking Search Availability Form Calendar Function and Style

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 months ago by J. Davis.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ashleigh Bamford
    Participant

Hi there,

I have had a number of people comment that the the calendar on the search availability form on our website is confusing. I am worried we are losing bookings as potential guests think we don’t have availability when we do. I understand that the when you select ‘check-in’ the available dates to ‘check-in’ are displayed. In theory this makes sense but practically it doesn’t work.

Users are so used to the calendar functionality of Airbnb, Booking.com etc which incorporate a single-view booking calendar, where guests can select both check-in and check-out dates. This allows users to easily choose their arrival and departure dates in one seamless view, with the period between these dates visually highlighted for clarity.

The issue with the current view is that users can’t see how many days are available on the calendar, so where they see only one day highlighted, they think we don’t have availability as we have a 2 night minimum stay.

The appearance of the ‘Availability Calendar’ is much closer to the desired calendar look. As a work around, it is possible to make the calendar on the ‘Search Availability Form’ look like the ‘Availability Calendar’ where full availability is shown (with only check-in/check-out available days being shown in the square as a triangle).

Cheers, Ash

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi, you may add availability for and calendar of a specific accommodation type and enable Skip Search Results option to make the calendar clickable. You may watch this video to learn how it works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr0Uh63QG4o

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.