Reset of Loco Translation Changes?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tilman
    Participant

Hi,

I researched across the board but could not find anything suitable yet. In addition, I followed exactly those Loco related steps as outlined in the forum.

Is there any opportunity to reset ALL translations via Loco we’ve made in the past as one-off? Hence, back to original/fresh state prior to any changes made? The restore feature does allow set number of changes only which is not sufficient (anymore) in our case.

Context:
    For whatever reason, in certain occasions the first change of strings worked well but any additional one for the same string (which has been already changed once) does not get reflected in frontend anymore even cannot be reset to initial string by removing the first change (for those beyond the restore set), esp. related to:

a) certain display edits in search result page and
    b) certain display edits under “view details” page called via search result page

Theme: Luviana incl. HB Plugin: 3.7.1

Thank you very much for your cooperation
    Tilman

Andre Flores

Hi, Tilman!

In your case the option would be removing translation file you have used to translate the plugin/theme. Navigate to Loco Translate ->Plugins/Themes and look for “Delete” tab – you may back-up translation files in specified paths before deleting them, just in case: https://prnt.sc/sn7zsj.
    As for the changes not being applied to the language files, it may be the issue with permissions on your server, which do not allow overwriting files after changes are performed in the plugin. The issue also may be caused by some third-party plugins, I would recommend that you deactivate them in order to check whether one of them causes the issue.
    If there is still no luck, do not hesitate to submit a request to our Help Desk for further investigation.

Regards,
    Andre

Tilman
    Participant

Hi Andre,

many thanks for rapid reply and tweaks provided.

Finally, seems to be another third party plugin has caused the issue. Now, Loco based translation works as intended (again) post deactivation.

Andre Flores

Hi, Tilman!

You are always welcome. I am glad you were able to get to the bottom of the issue and have it resolved!

Best regards,
    Andre

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.