Coupon code does not decrease the amount of deposit

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking Coupon code does not decrease the amount of deposit

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Marco Elsinger
    Participant

Hi,
    on my website, I have a deposit charged at the moment of reservation. which is great as the customer makes the reservation pays the deposit and then the accommodation is reserved.

But the owner needs to be able to lock down the property without any deposit or payment. So I made a coupon in order to be able to do this, But the coupon only removes the amount for the period of the booking and not for the deposit payment. Is there a way to get this done or a mistake? As the idea is that the owners are able to lock the properties by themselves and not contact us.

Thanks
    Marco

Andre Flores

Hello Marco,

You may add such bookings manually in your dashboard under Bookings ->All Bookings ->Add New. Alternatively, the admin may block the room for specific dates via Bookings ->Booking Rules ->Block accommodation option.

Regards,
    Andre

Marco Elsinger
    Participant

Hi Andre,

Maybe you should consider implementing this into future versions as in other booking engines this is standard, owners do their own reservations.

Also in my case, I have over 70 properties listed so If I need to do all owners reservations it creates quite a bit of work on the additional bookings.

Regards,
    Marco

Andre Flores

Hello Marco,

However, this is already possible by adding booking from the back-end or simply blocking accommodations using booking rules, could you let me know why these two options do not suit you?
    If you need to book all the accommodations, you may still do that easily using one of the aforementioned options. You have a possibility to book or block all the accommodation types at once.

Regards,
    Andre

Marco Elsinger
    Participant

Hi Andre,

I understand but when you are working on +70 properties it makes more sense for the owners to be able to block the reservation themselves, as its done in booking.com or Airbnb. I believe you will come across this problem sooner or later when people who is using the plugin uses it as a reservation site for properties.

I totally get it that we are not having backend Dashboard for each individual owner of a property as it would be too much work, but I think this could be solved with the coupon code scheme I’m proposing.

At the moment when I apply a coupon and the payment is set to a certain % of the reservation, as long as the coupon code is for 100% of the total amount, the owner will not be paying anything. But this is not happening when the payment is set to deposit.

So I was just wondering if anybody in the Team could just come up with a line of code I could put in the functions PHP file and that translates into this:

if there is a coupon code of 100% (or any percentage) apply also to deposit amount.

This would be perfect and solve the whole problem.

Thanks in advance.

Marco

Andre Flores

Hello Marco,

Thank you for your detailed feedback, it is much appreciated.
    As I understood you would like to apply 100% coupon code to the manually added bookings and have the deposit amount deducted only, and not the whole accommodation subtotal amount, is this correct?
    If so, then you could create another coupon code with the amount equal to the deposit amount, e.g. if the deposit is set to 20%, then create 20% coupon code to have this amount deducted from the total booking price only while adding the booking manually.
    As for the options I have described in my previous response, they should also do, however, you will need to add a payment equal to the deposit amount in addition to the manually created booking, so guests could then pay the remaining balance due.
    Let me know what you think.

Regards,
    Andre

Marco Elsinger
    Participant

Hello Andre,

That’s not what I mean. I will try to explain better.

At the moment I have a coupon code that applies a 100% discount on the total amount of a booking. This is only given to owners of the property in order to make their own bookings.

Now when I configure the payment settings, at the moment of checkout the user pays a deposit. When I set the deposit to a percentage of the booking the amount at checkout is zero. That is great and will do for me at the moment.

But when the deposit amount is set to a fixed price like 200€, when the coupon has applied the balance at checkout is still the fixed amount even the booking total is zero.

What I want to achieve is that in the second scenario the amount at check out is zero.

Regards
    Marco Elsinger

Andre Flores

Hello Marco,

Thank you for explaining the issue in more details. At first I thought you were referring to the backend booking. I have checked booking on the front-end and was able to replicate the issue you are referring to. I have passed the request for further investigation to our developers. Once I receive any feedback from them, I will immediately let you know.

Regards,
    Andre

Marco Elsinger
    Participant

Hello Andre,

Thats great!

Thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.