Remove arrows from specific (not from all) sliders

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Content Editor Remove arrows from specific (not from all) sliders

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Robert

Can someone please give me example CSS for removing the previous/next arrows from a slider? This is so I can create a custom style to apply when they’re not required – i.e. when there are just two images.

Many thanks.
    Robert

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Robert,

You can go to MotoPress > Settings, find Custom CSS code field and add the code below:

.motopress-image-slider-obj .flex-direction-nav{
    display:none !important;
    }

Save changes and preview the slider. The Slider arrows should be hidden now.

Robert

Many thanks

That does work, but appears to affect every slider. How can I make it affect one specific slider and leave arrows on the rest?

πŸ™‚
    Robert

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Robert,

In this case you need to make your certain slider unique and apply a custom class for Row of your slider e.g. .hide_arrows. Please try to add the code below to MotoPress>Settings>’Custom CSS code’ field:

.hide_arrows .flex-direction-nav{
    display:none !important;
    }

Then launch MotoPress editor on page with your slider, select a row and apply class ‘hide_arrows’ without quotes. Save changes and preview your website.

Best regards,
    John

Robert

Many thanks!

I understand now, and it works on the site.

I am gradually getting the hang of using the custom CSS to achieve these things, but that one had me stumped.

πŸ™‚
    Robert

Christianne BOHR

I am trying to replace the nav arrows that lead to the next slide with just words NEXT and Back how do I do that? or an arrow and next would be great too! next> and it work as a button to next slide photo. next> and <back

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Christianne,

Your question is related to MotoPress Slider plugin and not to Slider element of Content Editor plugin. Hello Christianne,

The slideshow is going due to script and not a link. You can not simply link the button to switch to certain slide. You can just create your Next and Prev images, put them to wp-content folder and edit slider styles to change arrow images with your own e.g.

.ms_next {
    background: url(URL of Your 'Next' Image) no-repeat scroll center center/32px auto transparent;
    }
    .ms_prev {
    background: url(URL of Your 'Prev' Image) no-repeat scroll center center/32px auto transparent;
    }

Best regards,
    John Smith

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.