Recurring Holidays/Year-to-year Seasons

• This topic has 22 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 1 week, 5 days ago by Raglan Thompson.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Bernadette Gagnon
    Participant

Hi all,

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered, but I’ve done a search and haven’t found quite what I am looking for.

My situation: I am building a Website for a client who owns a hotel. As might be expected with a hotel in a tourist area, my client has periods of time that are priced at different levels (seasons: high, budget high and low). My customer also charges a bit more for each major holiday. The charges for holidays that fall on a Monday start the previous saturday and end on the day of the holiday. So, for instance, for Memorial day, the rate will be $20 higher per day starting on the preceding Saturday, Sunday and then Memorial day itself.

Now, I know I can create seasons, and that I can create smaller seasons (3 days) and set prices this way. But when I do setup seasons, I must specify a specific date (12/29/2018 to 01/01/2019 for New Year’s) time period. Or 02/01/2018 to 03/27/2019 for the Winter season. Fine. But what about follow on years. Do the seasons automatically carry over, or do I need to do this every year manually. And what about a holiday such as Thanksgiving, which falls on the third Thursday of November, not a specific date (like Easter). I see no way to simply specify, hey, set Thanksgiving, set a price, and have it carry over from year to year.

The above makes setting up holidays, and the seasons around them, a bit of a pain. Am I missing something, is there a trick to this, or am I stuck doing everything manually, every year? And just a note, some localities have a special tax that goes into effect during certain holiday seasons, last for a week, and then go away. How does one handle this?

That’s it, any help would be greatly appreciated. Any questions or if something is unclear, please do not hesitate to ask for clarification. Thank you for your help!

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Bernadette,

Thank you for your question. There is no option to make season prolong automatically. You can either edit existing seasons after they pass or add more season for years ahead and use on rates, booking rules and taxes/fees.

Thank you for your feedback though.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Wendell Jones
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andre Flores

Hi, Wendell!

Thank you for your feedback. I have passed the request to our developers for further consideration. If there are any similar requests from other users, we will gladly include this feature in one of our future plugin updates.

Anyone who needs this feature too, feel free to let me know by commenting this topic.

Best regards,
    Andre

Oliver Sippel
    Participant

Hello, yes please make repeating seasons possible!

Andy Smith-Dane
    Participant

+1 to repeating seasons

Andre Flores

Hello there,

Thank you for your up-votes, they have been counted.

Regards,
    Andre

Leo de Groen
    Participant

May i add one more vote to this. I believe it is rather ‘stupid’ not to have reoccurring summer(season)…

Andre Flores

Hello Leo,

Thank you for your up-vote, it has been counted and added to the feature request.

Regards,
    Andre

Hrvoje Felbar
    Participant

Upvoting the recurring seasons (yearly, monthly, weekdays, weekend, every day…etc – as usual for most calendars).

Dave Adams
    Participant

upvote

Максим Синельник
    Participant

+1 to repeating seasons

Adrianna Schmitt
    Participant

Another upvote for this 🙂

Robert
    Participant

+1

Gavin Raines
    Participant

+1 Recurring season needs to be added! This is a potential hazard that could prevent customers from booking if forgetting to add manually and is very awkward to manage.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.