Recalculate Price

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    LarryM
    Participant

Under each booking in the admin dashboard is a price breakdown and a ‘Recalculate Total Price’ button which does not seem to work for me. I have tried on several bookings with higher and lower than the standard prices – the page just reloads with the same price when clicking the button.

Is it only to recalcualte the price after applying a coupon or can it also be used to add a manual price change?

Andre Flores

Hello, Larry!

The price is recalculated after applying/removing the coupon code, as well as in case the accommodation rate was changed. The “Recalculate Total Price” button allows to update the price according to the existing/changed data, it does not allow updating the price manually.

Regards,
    Andre

LarryM
    Participant

That is clear.

Is there an option to add a manual discount or change the price manually without the use of a coupon? This is important for adding new/updating existing bookings received via phone or email with various discounts due to agent commissions and one off deals for special circumstances etc

Andre Flores

Hello there!

Unfortunately, there is no option to change the price manually. However, you may create some special rates and apply them to desired bookings from your end. You may disable them one used in order to not allow other Customers to use them while booking on your website: https://prnt.sc/uzoha3.

Regards,
    Andre

LarryM
    Participant

Hi, just reopening this discussion as noticed that when a coupon is applied it applies it to each accommodation and not to any services (breakfast in my case). So, if you just want to give a 10% discount on the whole stay, it will only remove 10% from the room rates, not the services. Alternatively, if I add a fixed dollar coupon amount it will take that amount off each accommodation…so it is a lot of head scratching for a very simple feature.

Consider this riddle – I have 2 rooms booked for 2 nights at $100 per night each. One room has a breakfast for $10 per night, the other no breakfast. Total price = 4 x 100 + 2 x 10 = $420. I would like to give a 10% discount which would be a $42 discount. How can I do this?

….

I cannt use a 10% coupon as it would ignore the breakfast an only be a $40 discount. I cannot use a $42 fixed amount discount as it would take $42 off each room ($84). The solution is to create a $21 coupon which would be a total of $42. This can only be implemented by admin and will require different calculations for all the various room and service combinations. *head explodes*

Is there another way to acheive a percentage or fixed discount on the total amount regardless of number of accommodations and services?

Andre Flores

Hello there,

Unfortunately, there is no option to apply the coupon code to the whole stay, rather than the accommodation only. We do have such a feature request though and I have added your up-vote to it as well. If there are more similar requests from other users, we will consider adding this option to one of the plugin future updates.

Regards,
    Andre

Robert
    Participant

Hi,

I’d like to add my upvote to a coupon being applied to the whole stay. I have a customer that wants to buy a £200 coupon so that they can give this as a gift to a family member. I thought I could do this with the coupon. However, due to the coupon having to be either applied per accommodation or per stay I can’t actually fulfil this request because if I give them a £200 coupon they could use this against multiple accommodations and I would be out of pocket.

Please add the facility for a coupon that takes money off an entire booking.

Cheers,
    Rob

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your feedback. I’ve added your upvote to the list of features. We will notify you if we have any news.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Robert
    Participant

Just to further add – the coupon should be able to work against any fees and services too (or be an option as to whether these should be included or not). I’ve just tried to set one up for a customer but realised that it wouldn’t work against the Refundable breakage deposit which is set as a fee in the system.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Robert,

At the moment, the coupon is applied to Accommodation only. We will keep your thoughts in mind for further development of the plugin. Thank you once again for your feedback.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Lien De Bie
    Participant

Hi

I world also like you update this feature (Please add the facility for a coupon that takes money off an entire booking). Often People buy a gift Cards from us for the accomodation+breakfasts. It is very complex to explain that they can only offer the stay as a gift but the receiver has to pay for his/her own breakfast.

Kind regards,
    Lien

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Lien, thanks for your upvote. It has been added.

Robert
    Participant

Any news on this? It sounds like it should be a simple improvement to have an option for the coupon value to be applied per booking rather than at accommodation.

eric Brabants
    Participant

upvote too

thanks

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.