Problems with the DIVI theme and WPML

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Borghetto Vacanze
    Participant

Hi,
    I created a site with the DIVI theme and as a WPML translator as you suggested.

The availability of accommodation is not synchronized: if the availability is correctly scaled in Italian for each booking, then entering in English the availability is not updated and consistent with Italian
    Can you help me?
    Thank

Andre Flores

Hello Borghetto,

The issue most likely occurred because you have translated Accommodations. By default Accommodations are not translated, as they affect availability directly. When you translate Accommodations, they have different ID’s for different languages, thus once and accommodation is booked in one language, it will still be available in other language since its ID is different.
    Check this article to learn more how to use WPML to translate Hotel Booking plugin.

Regards,
    Andre

Carla Orriols
    Participant

Hi, but in the article says that accomodation types must be translated to each language with an ID different.

so, will the plugin control the total availability of rooms if i need 4 languages? will the total be according to my number of rooms avaliable?

Thank you

Andre Flores

Hello Carla,

Accommodation Types must be translated, however, not Accommodations. Accommodation Type ID’s will indeed be different when translating, however, Accommodation – is a physical property, which means its ID should remain the same for all the languages. If someone books a room in English, the same room should not be available in other languages anymore, as it is still the same room. Regardless of the number of languages, Accommodations should not be translated, however, Accommodation Types – should.
    Let me know if this makes sense.

Regards,
    Andre

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.