Portfolio pages and featured images

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Louise

Sorry if my questions sound basic. I’ve never used either of these features before using Emmet theme.

I figured that you have to create a portfolio page with a featured image for something to appear in the portfolio section of the home page. Unfortunately, the featured image also appears at the top of the portfolio page. If the same image is on the page, it’s a repeat, except that it’s cropped to a more horizontal shape. Yet on the home page it’s cropped to square. There doesn’t seem to be any way to have an image that would look good in both places.

Can I have a featured image on a portfolio page (so it shows on the home page) yet have it be hidden on the page itself? Or, is there another way to have an image show on the home page portfolio section?

Site is causecomms.com if you want to look. Thanks.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Louise,

Thumbnails feature is used in the same way every where in WordPress themes. Yes, you can hide thumbnail image from the body of the Portfolio page. You should install Child theme and activate it if you have not done that yet. Then upload this file to directory of the child theme. Go to the browser and reload the portfolio page.

Best regards,
    John

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.