Pending Payment Time / Woocommerce Payment Integration

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking Pending Payment Time / Woocommerce Payment Integration

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rachanee Munar
    Participant

Hi,

I noticed something, whenever I make a booking for offline payment, the status of the booking would be “Pending Admin”

I need to fix it so that all bookings, offline payments included, if receptionist has not registered the payment within 5 mins, that automatically the booking would be cancelled.

I tried a direct bank transfer option within the Woocommerce “Direct transfer option” and the booking was supposed to become available again after 10 mins that no payment was registered on the booking, but its still on hold. The status of the booking is “Pending Admin”

How do I fix this? Kindly hoping for your fast reply,

Andre Flores

Hello there!

The status of bookings paid via offline payments is set to “Pending Admin” by default, as well as the WooCommerce order status is set to “On-hold” – both statuses do not allow booking/order automatic cancellation. The admin receives a notification that the order has been placed. If the payment is not processed within next 10 minutes, the admin will have to change the booking/order status to “Cancelled” manually – this is how the offline payments processing works.

Regards,
    Andre

Rachanee Munar
    Participant

What we did though was manually shift the booking from Pending Admin to Pending Payment upon immediately recieving the booking. A support in the chat told me though that they are able to customize so that all offline payments are registered by default as “Payment Pending” – we are willing to pay for the extended support.

Andre Flores

Hello there,

I am afraid there has been a misunderstanding, since such changes would require major changes in the plugin core functionality, which can not be covered by the Extended Support. I would recommend that you submit your request to our Help Desk for further discussion of this matter.

Regards,
    Andre

Daniel Steinmann
    Participant

@Andre, you say: “The status of bookings paid via offline payments is set to “Pending Admin” by default”. Is this true only for when we purchase the additional Woocomerce plugin or is that not necessary?

Reason I am asking is that for me the status of a booking made via the manual options like “pay on arrival” or “direct bank transfer” do show as confirmed under “all bookings” (they do appear “on hold” under “payment history”) Also the client email and the admin email say the booking is confirmed when in reality this should be “pending admin” or “pending payment” until the actual payment is made.

This is very confusing for the client and for the admin or am I missing something?

Andre Flores

Hello, Daniel!

That is correct, the status is “Pending Admin” in case of using offline payments via WooCommerce Payments only. If using in-built offline payments, the status is usually “Confirmed” – this is the reason both Admin and Customer get “Confirmed booking e-mail”. When using Direct Bank Transfer, I would recommend to include a note to your Guests about the order automatic cancellation in case of not receiving payment within specific amount of time – you may add this note to the payment instructions within the payment gateway.

Regards,
    Andre

Diana Monica
    Participant

Dear Andre,

I have an issue with this: When using Direct Bank Transfer, I would recommend to include a note to your Guests about the order automatic cancellation in case of not receiving payment within specific amount of time.
    I have chosen direct bank transfer, and set the pending payment time to 5 mins. (Just to test it – in reality we want to add 10080 mins which would be 10 days).
    I received as a client the booking confirmation.
    The booking was confirmed and the payment was on pending.

I waited 5 minutes but nothing happened. The booking was not cancelled, the accomodation still reserved and the payment is still pending.

Andre Flores

Hello there,

The booking is not cancelled automatically while using offline payment methods, e.g. Direct Bank Transfer. Such payment methods require manual admin control, this is why I suggested to add a note to your guests, so they are aware of the payment rules on your website and pay in time.

Regards,
    Andre

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.