Payment mismatch

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Andre Flores.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Safrane
    Participant

We are using Stripe as payment provider and we’ve setup 20% of the total booking sum to be paid in advance when booking.

This weekend we’ve had a guest make a booking and pay 20% up front via Stripe (ideal).

The guest got a payment error screen, but still was charged by Stripe for the payment. When I check the logs of the payment in the Hotel Booking plug’in, the following error is present:

“The amount specified (125959) does not match the amount on the source (125960). A payment can only be created for the exact amount of the corresponding source.”

It seems there’s a 1 cent discrepancy in the payment somehow. I think it might have something to do with rounding when creating the payment request (as the 20% advance payment is basically not a nice and rounded number).

Total booking sum:
    € 6298,00

Up front payment:
    € 1259,60

How can we prevent this from happening? Hope you can help!

Andre Flores

Hello there,

I am afraid this is not something we can handle from our end and I would kindly ask that you contact Stripe support team regarding this matter – they should be able to help.

Regards,
    Andre

Safrane
    Participant

Thanks for your reply.

I have contacted Stripe and they’ve pointed out that the charge request that was sent to Stripe via the plug-in was incorrect.

The source was created for an amount of 125960 (which is correct), but the charge request sent to Stripe was 125959, which is incorrect.

Andre Flores

Hello there,

I would kindly ask that you submit your request to our Help Desk providing temporary access to your WordPress dashboard, so we take a closer look at the issue.

Regards,
    Andre

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.