Payment mismatch

• This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Andre Flores.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Safrane
    Participant

We are using Stripe as payment provider and we’ve setup 20% of the total booking sum to be paid in advance when booking.

This weekend we’ve had a guest make a booking and pay 20% up front via Stripe (ideal).

The guest got a payment error screen, but still was charged by Stripe for the payment. When I check the logs of the payment in the Hotel Booking plug’in, the following error is present:

“The amount specified (125959) does not match the amount on the source (125960). A payment can only be created for the exact amount of the corresponding source.”

It seems there’s a 1 cent discrepancy in the payment somehow. I think it might have something to do with rounding when creating the payment request (as the 20% advance payment is basically not a nice and rounded number).

Total booking sum:
    € 6298,00

Up front payment:
    € 1259,60

How can we prevent this from happening? Hope you can help!

Andre Flores

Hello there,

I am afraid this is not something we can handle from our end and I would kindly ask that you contact Stripe support team regarding this matter – they should be able to help.

Regards,
    Andre

Safrane
    Participant

Thanks for your reply.

I have contacted Stripe and they’ve pointed out that the charge request that was sent to Stripe via the plug-in was incorrect.

The source was created for an amount of 125960 (which is correct), but the charge request sent to Stripe was 125959, which is incorrect.

Andre Flores

Hello there,

I would kindly ask that you submit your request to our Help Desk providing temporary access to your WordPress dashboard, so we take a closer look at the issue.

Regards,
    Andre

Bart de Koning
    Participant

Hi,

I’m currently experiencing an issue similar to this one.
    A booking got canceled automatically because of a stripe payment.
    In the stripe logs it says something about a 1 cent amount mismatch.

The guest already got a confirmation email, but 5 hours later the booking got canceled.

Did you find out the cause of the problem?

Alex M
    Participant

This issue is fixed in version 3.9.4

What plugin version do you use?

Bart de Koning
    Participant

3.9.3 thanks for the heads-up.

Safrane
    Participant

After updating to the latest version 3.9.4 we didn’t see a problem for some time. But today, we’ve had another payment mismatch and as a result, cancelled booking.

This time it was for these amounts:

Total booking sum: € 792,50
    20% deposit payment: € 158,50

So the payment should be € 158,50. But somehow the plugin creates a payment source for the amount of € 156,40, resulting in the mismatch error below:

“The amount specified (15850) does not match the amount on the source (15640). A payment can only be created for the exact amount of the corresponding source.”

Really at my wits end here, my client is quickly losing patience as he is missing bookings.

Andre Flores

Hello Safrane,

I have tested it locally and was unable to replicate the issue this time. It looks like the issue was something else and let’s hope it will not occur again.

Regards,
    Andre

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.