Partial refund

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by J. Davis.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sukhayanti
    Participant

Hello,
    I noticed that there in no way to manually enter a minus payment. I believe that this feature is needed when a guest has already paid but we need to refund a part of his payment. It would be great if we could enter a minus amount and the booking system would then calculate it as part of the total amount paid (meaning will deduct it).
    Thank you,
    Sukhayanti

Pavel Lukáš
    Participant

I agree, sometimes you need to return some amount and the minus does not work. The payment history doesn’t work either, if I return, for example, 200, the entire amount is deducted from the original payment anyway.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi, when you give a partial refund you may go to Bookings > Payment History and edit the price of the existing payment. It will be updated for the payment request too if you use it. For example, the booking price was 500, the guest paid $250 as a deposit. You submitted a refund of $50 and edited the paid amount to $200. If you need to change the total amount for the booking you can also go to edit the booking and change the Booking Total price there.

Sukhayanti
    Participant

Hi,
    That will not work for me as I need to keep a record of the amount received and at what date. If I change the amount of the payment received, then I will not have a record inside the booking system of the original amount that was paid by the customer.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Thanks. for your reply. The information about transactions including partial refunds can be found in the payment gateway account (Stripe, PayPal, etc). As for the website dashboard, you can add it as a Booking Note at the moment. You can find it at the bottom of the page when you edit any Booking.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.