Overlapping seasons/rates presents a problem

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Mary Evans.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Sweeney
    Participant

Throwing out an example situation I just came across.

Let’s say my high season is fall and winter, and my price is $120/night.
    Let’s also say that the price for the week of Christmas (Sunday 12/20 through Saturday 12/26) is $125/night.

If someone tries to books for that week (Saturday 12/20 to Sunday 12/26 or any day in between) it applies the rate of $125/night. Perfect.

However, if someone tries to book Saturday 12/19 through Saturday 12/26, they get a message that there is no rate for those selected dates.

How can this be made to work properly?

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hi Ryan,

In order to configure a special price for 12/20 – 12/26 dates, you would need to create a season for these dates and add a price for this season in Rates. Do not forget to drag and drop the needed seasonal price to top, in order to set higher priority when season dates overlap.
    As for impossibility to book 12/19 – 12/26 dates, as a workaround, you may block the 12/19 date for bookings, under your dashboard > Bookings > Booking > Booking Rules > Block Accommodation.

Best Regards,
    Mary Evans

Ryan Sweeney
    Participant

I’m sorry, so the “workaround” of the system not being able to handle multiple nightly rates is to block people from booking those dates that overlap?

Mary Evans
    Participant

Dear Ryan,

There seems to be a misunderstanding.
    Could you please, clarify, did you mean that you need a guest who books 12/19 – 12/26 dates, to get the message that there is no rate for those selected dates?
    That is, you need for 12/19 – 12/26 dates to be unavailable?
    Because my previous reply was accordingly the above described request.

However, as I understand now, the issue is that your guests who book 12/19 – 12/26 dates actually get that message and cannot book the dates. However, you need them to book 12/19 – 12/26 dates.
    If so, please, note that this issue may happen in case one season ends on Dec 19 and another starts on Dec 20. It would be correct to start another season on Dec 19 not to get the error “no rate is found”.

Please, let us know if it helped. In case there is any misunderstanding, could you please clarify the issue and desired result more detailed? Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Mary Evans

Ryan Sweeney
    Participant

There was a misunderstanding. But your second response was on point and I got it configured and working properly.

Thanks Mary!

Mary Evans
    Participant

Dear Ryan,

You are welcome!
    I am glad the offered solution helped solve the issue.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.