Alpenhouse Optimal Image Sizes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Alex
    Participant

Hello! I am using the Alpenhouse for the first time and I am loving it so far. I understand this is more like a general question and not strictly related to the theme. But I would like to hear the expert opinion.

What do you suggest for image sizes? I have seen in the demo content that you are using 2560 px many times? Did you choose that on purpose for better results or do you think 1920 or lower would be enough as well? Obviously it depends on the use of the image as well – I am mainly refering to bigger pictures, like image gallery or hero image.

Thank you!

Stacy Lind
    Keymaster

Hi Alex,

It is a general recommendation to upload image sizes that are not bigger than what your visitors can see.
    The biggest images in Alpenhouse are the hero and featured ones, because they are full width. Most likely (~70%), the biggest screen size your website will be loaded on is 1920×1080, so 1920×1080 is approximately the largest image you want to use. You can use 2560 px, but this size is unlikely to be seen by an average visitor.

Alex
    Participant

Thank you Stacy for this response! Very helpful!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.