No lightbox for galleries issue due to upgrade of Hotel Booking

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking No lightbox for galleries issue due to upgrade of Hotel Booking

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 12 months ago by J. Davis.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    James Valentine
    Participant

I am putting this in the Hotel Booking forum rather than in the Villagio one as I think it is my recent upgrade from 3.9 to 4.1 which has caused my problem. I have now resolved it, but this might help others.

Normal Gallery block galleries around the site would open the clicked image and allow you to move left and right through the whole gallery. I remember there being extra information available beneath the photo in the lightbox. Since the upgrade, clicking the image has no effect.

Per the advice I have read elsewhere on the site, I have installed Responsive Lightbox and set it to enable lightbox mode on WordPress galleries. It doesn’t do what it used to.

I have now discovered that the lightbox I was using was in Jetpack. When I went to check, I had to log into Jetpack again. As soon as I did, the gallery behaviour returned to normal.

Just something to look out for.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi James,

Thanks for submitting a topic. There is a default option under settings of the Hotel Booking plugin ‘Display gallery images of accommodation page in a lightbox.’ It works on the pages of accommodation types only. I’ve tested it with Hotel Booking 4.1.1
    As for other custom pages so you need a third-party plugin that would open pictures in lightbox e.g jetpack or any other lightbox plugin.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Giovanni Langiu
    Participant

Hello Mr Davies. I have a problem with Gallery and the Template Plugin of Motopress.

I need to display a gallery with lightbox, but when I turn the “Accomodation Type Gallery” widget on SLIDER it remove the option for lightbox as you can see here: https://prnt.sc/mO_Zh0Bm3y1v

Than I tried to install 2 different lightbox plugin but it didn’t worked. I also used “Responsive Lightbox & Gallery” plugin but It didn’t fixed my problem.

I need to have the lightbox effect on the gallery image in this page; https://casevacanzesardegna.net/accommodation/lemon-tree-house/

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Giovanni,

The pictures in the gallery added by editing the custom template for the accommodation type page are not linked by default. The lightbox requires the images to be linked to media files so there is no option to open the pictures in lightbox at the moment.

best regards,
    John Davis

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.