Multiple Dates in Season

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Andy Paddock
    Participant

I have two rates (High/Low) so I can capture all low on one season but then have to add all the dates for the high season individually.

For example, our summer season and 3 other periods are charged at a higher rate so I have to create a total of 5 seasons instead of having multiple dates within one season.

Christer Fernstrom
    Participant

Yes, that’s so. In my case I had to create 8 “seasons” for the spring, due to the different prices for week and week-end and taking into account two holiday periods (winter-skiing in february, and Easter). It would be good to be able to set multiple periods for a “season”

Stacy Lind
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion. Our developers will review it.

Christer, I am not sure I understand your case. Could you provide an example of you seasons set up?

Christer Fernstrom
    Participant

Hi Stacy,

This is my case:

– Different rates during weeks and weekends (Friday and Saturday night)
    – Week-end rates apply during vacation

The automn period starts september first.
    There is a vacation period of 10 days end-october
    There is a second vacation period beginning December 20

For the period September first to end of December I therfore have had to create the following “seasons”:

1) Sept – october week
    2) Sept – october week-end
    3) october vacation
    4) october – Dec 20 week
    5) october – Dec 20 week-end
    6 ) December 20 – end of year

For the spring period things ger worse, because there are two vacation periods (“winter sports vacation” in February and Easter), and using the same scheme as for the automn I now have to create 2 more “seasons” for the period between the two vacations, ending up with 8 “seasons”. And since we’re based in France, there are many more “short-vacations” in the spring, like Pentacost, May 1st, May 8th and Ascension Day, and if we REALLY want to take into account all these periods too, things get really messy!

Going back to the automn: What would be better would be to creaate the following seasons:

1) week (sept-october AND october to Dec 20)
    2) week-end (same dates)
    3) vacation (the 10 days end of october, Dec 20 – end of year)

And the benefit would be even greater for the spring, reducing the number of seasons from 8 to 3. Plus, it could be possible to take into account the “short-vacations”, which now just isn’t doable.

How could this be dealt with? Either by allowing multiple date periods per season, or(/and) by applying a presedence between the seasons. With presendence you could define “Autumn 2019” for Sept 1st to end of year, then “Automn 2019 week end” for the same period but only Friday and Saturday, and specify that this season would over ride (have higher presendence) than the first one. And so on.

Hope this is clear
    — christer

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Christer Fernstrom.
    Stacy Lind
    Keymaster

Hi Christer,

You can create only four seasons for autumn instead:
    1) Sept – end of year week
    2) Sept – end of year week-end
    3) october vacation
    4) December vacation
    The first two seasons are for the same dates, but are applied on different week days. The days can be selected in the season editor. Add the four seasons to your rates and make sure to drag and drop the vacation seasons at the top of the rate. This way, whenever dates of your seasons overlap, our plugin will apply the ones at the top.
    The same will apply for the spring period. If the regular rates are the same as in autumn, extend the seasons 1) and 2) for the whole spring. Vacations, including short ones, should be created as separate seasons and placed above the regular seasons in your rates.

Christer Fernstrom
    Participant

Hi Stacy,
    That’s great. This is was I referred to when I talked about presendence in my explanation. I don’t think this is explained in the documentation but I just saw that it says “Move price to top to set higher priority.” when editing the rates for an accomodation. So – great – thanks

Aron Martinez
    Participant

Hi Stacy,

Are there any news about the suggestion of being able to add multiple periods for a season?
    Almost one year has passed since you said that your developers will review it and I still do not see this in the plugin, although it seems an obvious feature for most hotels and structures in general.

Most structures will have only some season rates (maybe 2, 3 or 4) throughout the year, with different periods for each season (each lasting a given number of months or weeks, some applying only to specific days in between, like in the case of holidays).
    If the owners of the structure need to create only 2,3 or 4 seasons each year this seems acceptable, but if they need to create dozens of seasons, one for each period and/or holiday (repeating the prices on matching seasons with different dates), this is no longer acceptable, and unfortunately the complaints I am getting from my clients are demonstrating my theory.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Bets regards,
    Aron

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello Aron,

Unfortunately, the feature of adding different period prices within the same season has not been implemented yet.
    In case you have any ideas/examples of how this feature can be implemented, our developers will gladly consider them.
    Meanwhile, here is an article on how to create different prices for the same season (for example, week and weekend prices).

Best Regards,
    Mary evans

Laura Snyder
    Participant

Does anyone know how to remove the rates from the booking form? I have multiple seasons and rates I just want my customers to be able to just choose a check in and check out and get their estimated price without having to choose their seasonal rate.

Andre Flores

Hello Laura,

Are you referring to Rates section on the Booking COnfirmation page? https://prnt.sc/10pqdy3. If not, get back to me with the URL to an example page, so I take a closer look at it.

Regards,
    Andre

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.