Manual Payments not shown on Confirmation email

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking Manual Payments not shown on Confirmation email

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Mary Evans.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kerry Miller
    Participant

When I take a booking over the phone, I create the booking in the back end (Bookings-All Bookings-New Booking), fill in the guest’s information and click ‘Book Now’. Which automatically sends a confirmation email to the guest. But the confirmation email is sent BEFORE any payment is taken, so the confirmation email shows the booking cost but does not show if they’ve paid anything.

Then, if I edit the booking and ‘Add Manual Payment’ there is still no way to send another confirmation email to the guest with the payment shown.

Am I missing something? Or is there really no way to take a booking over the phone and send the guest a confirmation of the booking AND what they’ve paid?

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello Kerry,

When a booking is created via back-end, it gets confirmed automatically. Also, the system cannot know what sum of money has already been paid beyond the plugin. So, in the Approved email for a customer, it only provides Total Price data (in case its tag is added to the email template).
    It is possible to display booking and payment details with the tag %view_booking_link% However, only when a booking is made via front-end. But even then, the customer will only see details of the payment he made at the Checkout. That is, there will be no information about any Manual Payment or Payment Request payment.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.