Mailchimp Integration Not Working

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ashleigh Bamford
    Participant

Hi there,
    I am having issues with my mailchimp integration. I am getting this message in the logs sometimes:

Message: Failed to update customer subscription details in MailChimp. API response: “400: Your merge fields were invalid. Please enter a value (NAME). Please enter a value (PCODE).”

It also seems that when guests are selecting to be signed up to the mailing list they are being added into mailchimp as a contact only, not a subscriber. How can I fix this?

Cheers,
    Ash

Andre Flores

Hello Ashleigh,

Usually the error occurs when there are some fields set up as required in your Mailchimp list settings, however not included in the subscription form. You may check what causes the issue by following directions from this article.
    As for the second issue, it might be related to the first one, kindly check this article with some possible reasons the issue occurs.

Regards,
    Andre

Ashleigh Bamford
    Participant

Hi Andre,
    When guest make a booking, they are being added to my mailchimp list with email only. Other inputs such as name are not being added. Is there a way i can direct the plugin to link the mailchimp fields with the booking information?

Also, I would like to tag guests that have made a booking in mailchimp so I can later customise communication to everyone who has booked with us. Is this possible?

Thanks

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Ashleigh,

I’ve just made a test and noticed that First and Last names are successfully added as well as the email of the guest to the list at Mailchimp. You may try to navigate to Audience – open your List > Settings > Audience fields and *|MERGE|* tags and make sure the proper fields are selected.

As for your other question so you may add a label to your API key and then create a Segment with contacts that were added to the list within the specific API key.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Ashleigh Bamford
    Participant

Thanks J. Davis,

I have a sign up form on my website that has Name, email and post code as fields. The merge field for Name is *|NAME|* and the merge field for post code is *|PCODE|*. These are working perfectly for the sign up form.

When someone makes a booking, they are being added to the same mailchimp audience. At the moment the name and post code fields are blank in mailchimp. When I go to Bookings > Checkout Fields I don’t seem to be able to edit the merge field. How do I get these to match up?

Cheers

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Ashleigh,

Thanks for your question. I’ve forwarded this request to our developers. We will notify you when we have any news.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Ashleigh Bamford
    Participant

Hi! Just checking in to see if there are any updates on this?
    Cheers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.