It does not validate the deposit upon payment

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    István Tornyos
    Participant

Hello,

in the general settings of the payment gateway, I specify that the amount of the deposit is 50%, for payment methods (e.g. stripe) when making a reservation, it is not validated during payment.

Foglalás

Please make a reservation. Select a room of your choice and continue to the “checkout” page (booking-confirmation page).
    Enter a date at least 11 days later for the deposit to be valid.

Enter the number of adults (felnőttek) and children (gyermek 6-14).

For the price components, the full price and the deposit are also displayed immediately. But if you scroll down to the payment method, the deposit is no longer visible, so presumably you would pay the full amount by bank card, even though you only need the 50% deposit.

What could be the problem?

Thanks for the help.
    István

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi István,
    Thanks for your question. It looks like the checkout page is modified because there is displayed price 0 till the capacity is indicated. The plugin does not work like this by default. Please try to disable your customizations and check the checkout page with the default functionality.

István Tornyos
    Participant

null

Hi Davis,

thank you for your earlier reply.

I only recently found out what could be wrong.
    I have to enter the prices per person, 1 adult-2 children, 2 adults-3 children, etc.

That’s why I don’t write anything there where the prices should be entered if we were only counting per night and not per person, and that’s why the value is 0 there.
    However, if I enter an amount here, it already shows the advance payment when paying.
    I don’t understand what amount to write in place of 0 if I want to enter the prices per person and not per night.

I have attached a photo to show what I mean.

Thanks for helping.

Hi
    István

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi István,
    The price you have set as 0 is a base price. It is applied when the guest selects a combination of adults and children that does not have a variable price. For example, if guests select 10 adults and 1 child and there is no variable price for this combination then the base price (in your case 0) is applied.

István Tornyos
    Participant

Hi Davis,

This is what I understand.

Only if the base price is 0, the stripe bank card payment does not take into account the advance payment, only the full amount can be paid by bank card.

As soon as I enter the base price, say 1, the stripe already works well and allows the payment of the advance.
    If it is 0, the full amount must be paid.

Hi
    István

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi István,
    Thanks for letting me know. It is due to Stripe regulations and this can not be changed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.