I found a workaround for default price is too high

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking I found a workaround for default price is too high

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ion Marchis
    Participant

I had a problem. In my case, max capacity for the rooms is 2 adults and 1 children. The default price shown was for 2 adults and 1 children

But since most rooms are sold for 2 adults only, the default price is too high.

If I removed the children from room capacity, kids could not be added during next reservation stage.

So what I did, was to remove the children. Now in the Rates, the default price is 2 adults 0 children. I changed all prices but kept the children variations. After this, I re added the children to room capacity.

And there you go. Room capacity shows 2 adults 1 children and the default price is for 2 adults. During reservation, you can add extra kid.

It would be nice if you could keep this situation in mid for future versions of the plugin.

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hi Ion,

Note that “Prices start at…” display the rate base price. Base price is the price per night, that is specified in a rate before the variations.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

Ion Marchis
    Participant

When you have kids in max capacity the base cannot be set without kids.

Steve
    Keymaster

Hi Ion,

You can set any base price, even $1.
    This price will appear on your listings before your guest sets the number of adults and children in search form and on checkout.

Then you can use price variations to set different prices based on the number of guests. You can increase or decrease base price with variations according to your personal price strategy.

There is an example in this video https://youtu.be/DnOed2Q9V88?t=70

Thank you for choosing our plugin.
    Regards,
    Steve

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.