How to display lowest & single-night rate at booking page?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Paul Gartner
    Participant

Hi Motopress Team and community

Happy New Year.
    I have a min. 2 night booking rule and 2 rates.
    I’d like to display on the initial availability check overview the cheapest rate for a single night.
    Currently you see the more expensive rate for two nights. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot for your help!
    Best
    Paul

Andre Flores

Hello Paul,

Happy New Year!
    The price is always displayed according to the minimum stay rule by default. We do have such a feature request to have the price per night displayed regardless of the minimum stay rule, I have added your up-vote to it as well.
    Meanwhile, you may try the following workaround: https://motopress.com/forums/topic/prices-start-at/#post-787079.

Regards,
    Andre

Paul Gartner
    Participant

Hi Andre
    Thanks for putting my upvote and posting the workaround.

And how about the rate displayed?
    I have 2 rates: higher refundable and lower non-refundable.
    Regardless of the min stay booking rule, I want the lower and not higher to be displayed.

Thanks again, appreciate your support!
    Paul

Jindřich Dlabaja
    Participant

Hello,

I’d like to second Paul’s request. It looks kinda odd when it doesn’t show the lowest price but the highest (especially when it says ‘the prices start at…’). It’s not a good customer experience and what’s worse – not a good marketing practice.

Thanks in advance
    Jindrich

Paul Gartner
    Participant

Hi Jindřich, hi community

I think I found the reason:
    The price displayed follows the order of the rates, choosing the top one.
    When I drag my lowest 2021 full season base rate on top, it automatically calculates the price with this rate.

So it would make more sense to take the lowest bottom rate – which is usually the lowest full season base rate – to display in the accommodation booking page.

Thanks
    Paul

Andre Flores

Hello there,

Yes, that is correct, you should drag the desired rate to the very top under Rates in order to apply the higher priority to it – the higher the rate, the higher priority it has got.

Regards,
    Andre

Paul Gartner
    Participant

Hi Andre,

I understand.
    But for Marketing purposes, it is not good practice to always display at first sight the highest rate. Precisely because the highest rate occurs in most cases just a few times during the year.

Best case would be to display the lowest rate for one night, regardless of booking rules and rate priority.

Could that be logged as a feature request?

Thanks a lot
    Paul

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.