How to ask for deposit and full amount with Payment Request addon?

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking Hotel Booking Payment Request How to ask for deposit and full amount with Payment Request addon?

• This topic has 28 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 1 month, 1 week ago by Andre Flores.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Sam Pardey
    Participant

We have installed this plug in and we want it to ask for the customer to pay the full amount owed for the booking when they book. We then want it to send an automatic payment request for an ADDITIONAL deposit a couple of weeks before their booking.

It currently only gives me the option for them to pay the full amount and nothing else, or pay the deposit and then it uses this as a contribution to the full amount.

We want them to pay a refundable deposit as well as the full amount.

Please could you advise as how to do this.

Sam

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Sam,

The payment request addon sends a request basing on the Hotel booking configuration. Hotel booking assumes payment of either deposit or full amount. So far there is no option to let the guest choose the type of payment. We do have such a feature request (to let the guest pay deposit instead of the full amount by payment request link for manually approved booking).
    I have added your up-vote to it as well. In case there are more requests from other users, we might consider adding such a possibility in one of the plugin future updates.
    As for the possibility to request an additional deposit, I am afraid it is not possible to request any additional payments, provided the full amount has been paid.
    At the moment there is no inbuilt tool or functionality to add a fixed Security Deposit fee separate from the total amount of the reservation that might be refunded automatically. We have this task in our list of features and we will update this article if we have any news about the implementation. You may also leave your votes, thoughts, suggestions, examples of similar solutions in the comments below. Meanwhile, you may add a Security Deposit as a Mandatory Fee at Bookings > Taxes and Fees. Please find the detailed instruction on how to implement that here: https://support.motopress.com/hc/en-us/articles/360056703632

Best Regards,
    J. Davis

Ally Baxter
    Participant

Please add my upvote to let the guest pay deposit instead of the full amount by payment request link for manually approved booking. This is a much needed feature!

Andre Flores

Hello Ally,

Thank you for your up-vote, it has been counted.

Regards,
    Andre

Rachel Brown
    Participant

Please add my upvote as well! My client wants to manually approve bookings and with the approval email send a link to collect a 50% deposit, with the remainder due 30 days before check-in.

Do you have any recommendations or workarounds until you have added in this ability?

Andre Flores

Hello Rachel,

Thank you for your up-votes, I have added it to the feature request as well.
    Unfortunately, currently there is no workaround available to match this scenario. We will continue collecting up-votes from our users to find out how many of them require this feature.

Regards,
    Andre

JJW
    Participant

upvote!

costaricavacation.properties
    Participant

We would also like to see this feature. Upvote.

Dave Adams
    Participant

Upvote for payment of a deposit via the payment request link.

Perhaps this link could direct the customer to the payment request page… which offers payment of deposit or full payment, but when the full payment time is hit the deposit option disappears (or it disappears if already paid). Therefore when the payment request link is sent, if the email is sent before the full payment is due the customer can pick.

Andre Flores

Hello Dave,

Thank you for your suggestion, it is much appreciated.
    And thank you for your up-vote, it has been counted 🙂

Regards,
    Andre

J.S. Pos
    Participant

Upvote for payment of a deposit via the payment request link.

i really need this feature too

YUNBING WENG
    Participant

Upvote

Jorge Esteve
    Participant

Upvote for this feature too

james alden
    Participant

UPVOTE UPVOTE UPVOTE

Nancy Cavanaugh
    Participant

I agree with Rachel Brown. We need an automatic deposit on a manual booking along with a payment reminder 7 days before check-in.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.