Hotel Booking Calendar Internal Synchronisation

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking Hotel Booking Calendar Internal Synchronisation

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Oscar Leclercq
    Participant

Hi,
    I am trying to make a website for rentals of a holiday home. The home is made up of 5 separate apartments but the whole house can also be booked entirely for a reduced rate compared to booking all the apartments separately.
    To make this work on the website, I made 6 accommodation types: 1 for each apartment and one for the “entire house” option.

My problem is the following: I need to synchronise the accommodation type’s calendars in such a way that
    1. if one apartment is booked, the “entire house” option is marked as booked for that period (since you can’t book the whole house if someone else is in one of the apartments)
    2. If the “entire house” option is booked, all apartments are marked as booked (again, to avoid double booking).

I tried importing all the apartments iCals into the “entire house” calendar and the “entire house” iCal into each apartment but this created the problem that if any apartment is booked:
    1. the first time the calendars synchronise, the “entire house” option gets marked as booked, then
    2. the next time the calendars synchronise, because the “entire house” is marked as booked, all apartments now get marked as booked.
    This results in a situation in which if any apartment is booked, all other apartments will also be marked as booked for that period, which is obviously a big problem.

I am also synchronising my calendars with AirBnB and Homeaway (which hasn’t presented any problems so far).

Has anyone had the same problem? If so, how can I solve this? Should I have found another way to enable users to book the whole house (without making it a separate accommodation type)?
    Any help would be very much appreciated.

Oscar Leclercq
    tykabiten.fr

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Oscar,

First of all make sure you use latest version of Hotel Booking plugin. At the moment it is 3.5.1. It should work properly since 3.4.0 version of plugin. If it is not helpful we would appreciate if you submit a request to check your settings at your WordPress.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Julien BLANCHARD
    Participant

Hi,

I’m in the same situation of Oscar… Is there any solution please? I didn’t found it.

Thanks!

Andre Flores

Hi, Julien!

Although there is no specific functionality in plugin for this purpose, there is a workaround that should work for you. Check the following article with detailed explanation on how to achieve this: https://support.motopress.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040719011-How-to-block-the-house-if-its-room-is-booked-renting-out-the-house-and-the-rooms-

Best regards,
    Andre

Ryan Labelle
    Participant

Thank you for this 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.