Hide certain Accommodation Type from appearing in search

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking Hide certain Accommodation Type from appearing in search

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kerry Miller
    Participant

Is there a way to hide a particular Accommodation Type from appearing anywhere on the site (search results, accommodation list, etc)? I have one room that I use as a back up sometimes. I’d like to be able to make actual bookings for it, but I absolutely do not want a guest to be able to book it on our website. I know I could just create a Booking Rule that would block it from ever being booked, but I don’t even want it to appear in our list of accommodation options either. I’m sure there’s an easy way to do this, I’m just not sure what it is! Thanks

Andre Flores

Hello Kerry,

You may simply set the accommodation type in question visibility to “Private” in your dashboard, so only administrator or other logged in users could see that accommodation type: https://prnt.sc/1rp01jt. This will allow an administrator to book that accommodation type without guests being able to view it on the website.

Regards,
    Andre

Kerry Miller
    Participant

Hi Andre, unfortunately it seems making the accommodation type “Private” removes it from the back end’s calendar and the admin’s search results. So that is not a good solution for me. Any other ideas?

Andre Flores

Hello Kerry,

Thank you for getting back to me. Yes, accommodations are not being displayed in the calendar when switching the accommodation type to Private mode indeed.
    In this case you may try hiding the accommodation type in question on your website via CSS. Add the following code under Appearance ->Customize ->Additional CSS:

.mphb-room-type.post-XXX {
    display: none;
    }

Where “XXX” is the accommodation type ID. This will hide it everywhere on the website, however, you will still be able to book it in the back-end.

Regards,
    Andre

Kerry Miller
    Participant

Thank you Andre, that’s exactly what I needed! Much appreciated.

Andre Flores

You are always welcome. It would be very much appreciated if you share your positive feedback about the Hotel Booking plugin at: https://www.trustpilot.com/evaluate/www.getmotopress.com.

Thank you in advance!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.