Height of Header Bar

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by J. Davis.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    J-guy

What’s the best way to change the height of the header bar (the part with the logo image and primary menu in it)?

Right now it seems to be 128px high, but i can’t seem to see where that height is established…

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi,

The best way to customize theme is to create a child version and edit its style not to loose the changes after theme update.
    As for this particular request so there is no sense to decrease the height of header section (with logo and menu) because your logo, website title and description will not fit properly.
    It is impossible to provide a universal code for each logo, etc. if you own a Premium version of theme you can submit a request to our tech support and they will advise on how to achieve that.

Best regards,
    John

J-guy

OK I made a child theme and I’ve been able to change a few styles on other things so it’s working properly.

I want to make the adminbar less tall. I only have the logo and the primary menu. I want to change the height, but i can’t seem to figure out what style or what element sets the height of the adminbar.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi,

WordPress admin bar is not a theme element and it is not recommended to modify WordPress at all. Anyway you should apply your custom styles to #wpadminbar selector e.g.

#wpadminbar{
         height:25px;
    }

etc.
    Best regards,
    John

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.